ch 55: Nightmares

Third person's POV

Nick made his way upstairs, holding Elena close to him, while she cuddled into his chest, holding his shirt in her fist.

"Were have you been?"Ethan asked as the two came into the room.He sat up in his bed - as well as Caleb, Mason -  and Xander,then turned on the lamp.

"She couldn't sleep,so we went to get some water"Nick answerd.

"Why couldn't you sleep?"Mason asked as Nick sat on the bed, Elena next to him.

"Nightmares"She answered him.

"What were they about?"Caleb asked,walking over to Mason, then sitting next to him.

"Well...uh"She started.

"The last one,was...umm..Your dad.."She said looking at her cousins.

"He...He had all of you in a cell,you were hurt...It was in the middle of some kind of forest,it was dark.All of you had bruises and cuts.Mom and dad were there too,but they weren't breathing...then you disappeared..I was alone"She said slowly, trying not to cry.

"I-I don't want to be here"She choked out as tears finnaly started to flow.

"Its okay...you wont be left alone..we are here"Nick mummred while rubbing her back in comforting way.

"It's understandable you don't want to,and that you are scared to be here,but we need some place to stay untill the house is fixed."Xander explained.

"I know...but I really don't feel safe,even when all of you are here..we just dont know what he is capable of.. remember the forest incident"She said.

Xander sighed and nodded his head.

"How about you try to get some sleep, you are still healing, we can figure something out tomorrow?"Nick suggested.

Elena nodded her head and cuddled into his side.

Nick wrapped an arm around her protectively.

"Night guys"Ethan said, turning off the lamp.