ch 86:"I don't need you fainting on me"

Elena POV

Well, Ethan just fell asleep and Colton and Alex left so I'm bored.

I got out of bed and made my way over to Nick's room. I didn't even think of how hard these few weeks have been for him.

I knocked twice before I heard a "come in" from the inside.

I opened the door and walked in. Nick was sitting at the desk, on his laptop. He looked exhausted, he had light bags under his eyes, and his hair was messy as if he ran his fingers through it repeatedly.

"Hey, kid. Why are you out of bed?" He asked as I sat down on the bed behind him, he turned his chair to look at me.

"Ethan is asleep, and I'm bored, so I came to see how you are doing."

"Well, it's nice of you to check on me, but in fine."

"I don't believe you, you look tired"

"I'm not really. I've just been trying to find where Chris could be keeping our parents." He answered.

Third person's POV

Elena looked at her brother as he opened his arms out to her. She got out of bed and sat on his lap as he hugged her. His arms enclosing her in a safe cocoon.

She breathed in his familiar scent, well as much as she could with a stuffy nose. He rested his chin on top of her head, after placing a light kiss on the crown of her head.

"You're burning, did you take the meds after lunch?" He asked, as his hand ran up and down her back.

"Yea I did." She mumbled, as his actions had already sent her to a sleepy state.

"When was the last time you got 9 hours of sleep?" she asked, raising her head from his chest to look him in the eyes.

" that's not important, little one. I'm okay with 6 hours of sleep."He assured.
"Even if I had the chance, I don't think I could fall asleep, my sleep schedule is messed up" he continued.

"Oh.." Was all she said before tucking her head back into his chest.

Nick quietly chuckled at his little sister's childish behaviour but said nothing.

"You turn into a cuddly koala every time you get sick, did you know that?" He asked.

"Mhm.," she mumbled, snuggling closer to him, enjoying the warmth he provided.

"Alright, you are not falling asleep on me. I need to keep working." He said and he was about to get up when Elena let out a whimper.

"Oh come on, Lena. I need to try and find our parents" He complained, securing his arms around her.

"As much as I want to find them, I don't need you fainting on me from the lack of sleep." She grumbled, her arms wrapping around his neck.

Nick mumbled a few colourful words under his breath but moved to the bed.

Elena, on the other hand, smiled in triumph as he laid down.

"If you feel sick wake me up, okay?" Nick said as he poked her stomach lightly.