99. Regret, Tears

1011 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written September 13 2020
Posted September 16 2020
NEXT UPDATE is on or before September 30 2020

The storm nodded "Correct" He replied "I believe that this may do you some good"

The teen was silent for a few moments as he contemplated the offer. It was true that he really couldn't remember the last time that he'd actually felt like himself, there'd always been something wrong. Or at least it had felt that way "But what about Tsuna?" His brother had been upset when he'd tried to distance himself.

'I don't want to do anything that could upset Tsuna... I've already caused him enough emotional problems as it is, he doesn't need any more'

Fon offered a small but understanding smile "While I commend you for prioritizing your sky's feelings, you shouldn't do so blindly" A sky isn't always right when it comes to everything, it may feel like it, but it's not the case "Bettering yourself will in turn bring more security to Tsuna, he'll understand even if he doesn't like it"

Ie bit his lip, he really didn't want to see Tsuna cry again "Do you really think so?"

'I had thought that making it up to Tsuna would mean that I'd need to stay and listen to him, not leave him for my own gain...'

"Tsuna will be upset" There would be no way to get around that "But he should be mostly fine after I explain some things to him"

"Mostly" Ie winced.

"He's developed an unhealthy attachment to you" Fon gave a small shrug "It'll hurt him, but he'll also grow" Tsuna was clingy when it came to Ie, and he didn't want to know how his sky would react if something serious actually happened to the teen. At the very least, it wouldn't be pretty. Tsuna would probably snap if Ie died, that or possibly kill himself. He wanted to replace that dependence with independence before it was too late "The results will be favourable enough to allow yourself to feel a bit uncomfortable away from each other"

Brown lit up at the storm's words. Leaving would be painful, but would be better in the end if Fon is to be believed "Okay, I'll accept your offer" He then grimaced, shrinking back a bit "You're the one telling Tsuna right?"

'I'm not sure if I'll be able to say no if he tries to persuade me to stay'

*

Tsuna blinked, honey eyes wide, slightly shimmering from tears threatening to fall "Ie-chan is going to leave me?" His words were soft, small. The teen seemed to curl into himself, making him look vulnerable. Which in a way he was, emotionally at least.

Fon nodded, a sympathetic smile on his lips as he patted Tsuna's knee "He's not leaving you" He'd already explained it all to Tsuna, the teen had sat and listened quietly until now "He adores you so he wants to make himself a better person"

'At least he didn't start crying right away like I thought he might'

"Why can't he do that by my side?" Tsuna whined, was he not good enough? Was he just so horrible to be around that he'd managed to chase Ie away even when his brother was normal again?

"You've had the freedom to go wherever you wanted right?" At the other's small nod he continued "Don't you think that your brother deserves the same chance?" Homey eyes glanced down, ashamed. Fon's tone became more soft "Ie has a lot of catching up to do since most of his life has basically been false" He gave the teen's knee a squeeze "The best way to do that would be to give him some distance from everything here" He left the 'Including you' part unsaid, not wanting to be too harsh on his sky.

'I want my sky to flourish, even if it means making him upset'

Tsuna's shoulders were slumped "Have I become controlling?" Tears were now glistening, threatening to fall "Ie-chan tried to leave, but I stopped him" He'd been just so happy to have his brother back.

"A bit, yes" Fon admitted, not wanting to lie to his sky "But it wasn't bad enough to have been considered a real problem" Yet. Ie had become too devoted towards Tsuna, not allowing himself to grow properly emotionally "You're still a good brother to him"

'It's good that he's come to the conclusion on his own. It would have been hard to convince him if he hadn't'

The sky shivered, he hated being controlled. A result from being captured and hurt so often as a child, when he hadn't been as capable as he currently was "I won't stop him from leaving" He sniffed, tears finally falling "I probably shouldn't see him before he leaves" He didn't want to risk the temptation of getting Ie to change his mind. He didn't want to control Ie.

Fon's gaze softened "I'll take good care of your brother, you won't have  to worry"

'He won't end up like my last student'

Tsuna offered a teary smile at the other's words "I trust you" Fon was his element for a reason after all.

"I'll never break that trust" The storm breathed, inner flame warmed by his sky's words. Trust was a valuable treasure when it came to Tsuna. It was rare for the other to voice his trust.

'I will help his brother find peace with himself, I have to'

*

When Fon returned to Ie's room, he could see that the teen had already started to pack some things. He peeked into the bag to make sure that it was mainly essentials. He became pleased when he noted that Ie had packed properly.

"How am I going to leave?" Ie inquired curiously, the teen looked nervous.

'Weren't sudden plane tickets supposed to be expensive or hard to get?... I didn't think this through...'

Fon's eyes glinted "I've just booked a ticket for you" At the other's surprised look he had to stop himself from smirking "I have many connections"

Brown widened "I hadn't thought of that..." Okay, so he wasn't going to have to delay the trip. That would have been awkward since he and Tsuna lived together.

'Avoiding Tsuna would have been hard, and weird'

"Understandable, I don't usually brandish them as openly as Reborn does" Fon replied.

Me: I'm kinda surprised that nobody noticed/commented on how Tsuna was being a bit too controlling. Using Ie's emotions to get what he wanted by accident...

Now we have a sad Tsuna again, and uncomfortable/sad Ie...

Hope you enjoyed~