89. Blood, Explode, Trust

1015 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR

Written April 29 2020
NEXT UPDATE on or before May 13 2020

Intrigued, the hitman added his own sun flames to the ball, giving it an energetic feel. His and what was left of the sky flames melded seamlessly, while Ie's flames, while erratic next to the sun flames, stuck tight. Tsuna's harmony factor had allowed both sun and lightning flames to fit together better than they normally would have. Moments later Tsuna's flames faded so Reborn allowed the ball to disperse "Both of your flames are highly compatible" Reborn stated.

'Tsuna's flames resonate well with both of ours, but my own and Ie's don't do as well together without Tsuna's flames'

Ie blushed, gaze flickering guiltily towards the ground "It probably helps that I'm really used to Tsuna's flames..." He'd been unknowingly siphoning them from Tsuna for years, it would have been odd if they hadn't connected well.

Honey softened at Ie's words "And because we grew up together" Tsuna offered the other a soft smile. He didn't want Ie to keep feeling guilty.

"Tsuna's words have merit" The hitman affirmed, siding with his sky.

'Even if Ie is right, dwelling on it would only impede their growth'

Reborn ignored the flash of red in Tsuna's mouth that he'd spotted when the other had last spoken. He trusted in his sky's strength.

*

"Fucking hell!" Shamal let out an exasperated groan as he leaned back in his chair, hands covering his face. The latest sample had quite literally exploded in his face.

'Just what is up with that creepy kid's blood?'

Reborn's chosen student had been giving him samples to work with, the only instructions that he'd been given were to 'Find a way to make it a potent healing source' which was kinda vague. Hell the weirdo had even given him some saliva samples to work with, which was weird in itself. Just how had the boy even realized that his spit could heal things? Though the healing strength was quite mild. It would never be able to heal major injuries.

The blood was a different story though, it reproduced like cancer, but didn't have any cancerous effect. Not to mention that it only reproduced when it was lessened, otherwise the sky would have exploded from gross blood volume years ago. Which was what had just happened, he'd stored the sample for a few days to allow it to register the new blood volume, then he'd split the sample up. Both parts had regenerated to make up for the loss until he then had double the amount of the initial sample.

'Why can I only do it so many times before it explodes and then vanishes?'

It was a bit relieving that he never had to clean up any blood splatters after each explosion, blood was such a pain to clean up. Especially weird blood like Tsuna's.

*

"Tsuna..." Brown eyes were watery as Ie hugged Tsuna. The sky was sitting down, leaning against a tree, breaths rattling in his chest, a small trail of blood dripping down his chin. They'd been training for a few hours before Tsuna had suddenly thrown up blood.

"I'm fine" Tsuna breathed, head back against the tree as he gave a small smile, he was very pale "It's just been quite hectic lately" Now that he could properly feel his flames coursing through him, he'd been starting to feel a bit more ill than usual.

Reborn frowned, concerned "You usually hide when feeling ill"

'That means that it probably hit him out of nowhere, he hadn't had the chance to react first'

Ie turned towards Reborn "What's wrong with him?" He'd only heard bits and pieces, but he knew that the other wasn't healthy. He'd known so for years, but it hadn't really mattered much back then.

Leon crawled over and sat on the sky's shoulder "Tsuna is cursed, and will eventually die if it's not broken" Reborn's eyes narrowed "I don't plan on letting that happen though" Tsuna was going to live.

'Tsuna wasn't this bad before... And the only thing that's changed is that he can use his flames freely again'

Honey flashed orange as the sky observed Reborn "It hurts to use my flames" He admitted softly, swallowing back a mouthful of blood "I have to yank at them before using them" Leon flicked his tongue against Tsuna's cheek.

Reborn's gaze darkened, was the sky pacifier working better now that it had a larger source of flames to feed off of? "Having Ie absorb your flames probably hindered the pacifier's effects" He'd always thought that the more flames put into them, the better.

'Luce had fed the pacifier a lot, but now that I think about it... Tsuna's been the sky arcobaleno a lot longer than I thought possible... Was feeding it the wrong thing to do?'

Ie's grip around Tsuna tightened "Does that mean that Tsuna's going to get a lot sicker?" He didn't want his brother to die, they'd missed too much time that they could have spent together.

"I'll just refrain from using my flames freely" Tsuna gave Ie a little squeeze "My vampire state always catches up eventually and heals the damage" Mostly, some effects did linger, but they were tolerable compared to deteriorating as he should.

"Actually..." Reborn paused, thinking a bit before continuing "I want you to use your flames as much as you can" At Tsuna's grimace he explained "While it will hurt you, I think that you taking as much flames as possible from the pacifier would help in the long run"

'It'll cause more damage at first... But it's better than letting the curse shorten his life even further'

Honey melted into orange, though the sky's face was set into a grimace "If you say so" He trusted Reborn, so if the hitman though that it could work, he'd try it "But that means that I'm going to go back to skipping school" Coughing up or throwing up blood was bound to catch the attention of others. He didn't want any attention from the people at school.

"Of course" Reborn smirked. He was a better teacher than all of the ones at the school combined, Tsuna wasn't going to be missing much.

'It'll put a halt on potential socialization for him, but that can wait I suppose'

Me: I almost forgot what day it was >^<

Hadn't even thought about the next chappy, thankfully I'm good at last min writing~

Did you guys remember that Tsuna had given Shamal a task?

Hope you Enjoyed~