5: Thoughts of killing

Written January 14 2016

Edited December 24 2019

At three thirty, the hitman perked up when a shadow slid through the open window. He held his breath when fierce honey eyes gazed at him, they seemed almost like those of a wild animal, ready to strike.

Within seconds Reborn pulled out his Leon gun and aimed it at the intruder, only to curse when Leon suddenly shifted back into a chameleon.

The creature stepped closer towards the hitman so that the moon illuminated it. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw familiar spiky brown hair and honey eyes that now seemed harmless.

'I didn't recognize him at all.... I didn't even sense him until he came through the window....'

"Where have you been Tsuna?"

The hitman questioned, slightly irked that the brunette had startled him, not that he would ever admit that out loud.

"..........."

Tsuna suddenly crumpled onto his bed and fell asleep, leaving the hitman to stare at the teen in confusion.

'Did he pass out from not eating supper and not having enough rest?....'

The hitman shook is head and sighed, once again wishing that he had refused Nono's request. He took a quick glance at the boy to see that he had some blood speckled across his shirt.

'His injuries didn't open......'

Reborn cleared away his thoughts and decided to fall asleep in his hammock, figuring that it was better to think while fully rested instead of confused and tired.

*

The hitman was awakened by the sound of the brunette's bed creaking, he looked over to see the honey eyed teen sitting up on the bed, staring blankly into space.

Reborn noted that the boy's injures were completely healed without any mark left upon his skin as proof that he had been picked on.

However despite the lack of injuries, the boy's completion was a sickly shade of white.

"Oi Tsuna"

Reborn tilted his fedora up when he received no response from the teen, and it didn't seem as if he was just simply ignored either.

Concerned, the hitman hopped out of his hammock and stood in front of the honey eyed teen, he was staring into space, as if in some kind of trance.

"Oi Tsuna, listen to me when I'm speaking"

Again, he received no response from the teen who seemed to be within his own little world.

'This isn't normal..... Did he get attacked last night by a mist flame user?....'

The hitman snapped out of his thoughts only to realize that the brunette was no longer on the bed.

'What the?.... Where did he go? ..... I only looked away for a second.... There is more to Tsuna than meets the eyes.... I'm the world's greatest hitman, yet he keeps on escaping my sight...'

Reborn tilted his fedora down and walked out of the room and headed towards Ie's room, hoping to take out some of his frustrations on the brat.