124. A Chapter 124

1013 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written August 30 2021
Posted September 1 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on September 15 2021

By the time both Tsuna and Ie managed to return home, Tsuna was sporting a mildly high fever and just feeling horrible in general. The sky wasn't happy with his illness, especially since it was interfering with his and Ie's reunion. It wasn't fair, he was supposed to be enjoying his time with Ie. He felt too ill to enjoy said time properly.

"Stop pouting Tsuna" Reborn sighed. His sky was upset that he'd sent Ie away, he'd sent the other away so that Tsuna wouldn't force himself to stay awake for him.

'The medicine is barely helping'

Tsuna just sighed in response from his bundle of blankets "The timing is horrible, why couldn't I have gotten sick before Ie-chan came back?" His brother had just returned but he was unable to enjoy his presence fully, it wasn't fair! The sky nibbled his lower lip, he was also starting to crave blood. He didn't have the energy to get it himself, hopefully Mukuro would sense the problem and fetch some for him. Being connected like that had its benefits.

The hitman scowled "I'd rather you now wish for your sickness to be hastened" He'd rather have his sky be as healthy as possible.

'Normal medicine can't do much about the curse'

Reborn just knew that it was the curse that had caused Tsuna's worsened condition rather than a normal virus making it seem worse by compounding with Tsuna's already existing problems. He didn't have any actual proof, but his flames were telling him that it was fact.

"You should just rest now instead of complaining" Fon offered, having stayed instead of following Ie. He felt compelled to stay next to his sky, he wouldn't be leaving unless he was forced to. While the compulsion itself wasn't bad, it was the fact that it was there that was really concerning the storm arcobaleno. His sky was in danger. Fon glanced at Tsuna's animal partner Nezumi, the rat was anxiously nuzzling Tsuna's hand. He hadn't seen much of the rat, the animal took after her partner in how she disappeared often.

"I don't want to sleep" Tsuna argued, despite how sluggish he felt "At least not until Mukuro comes to visit" His rest would be of a higher quality if he consumed blood first. He knew that both of them would be willing to fetch blood for him themselves if he asked, but there was a special way to do it that kept the blood as nutritious as possible. It was strange, blood shouldn't lose it's nutrition for him as easily as it did.

Reborn eyed the sky "Not Ie?"

'I wasn't expecting that'

Honey gleamed tiredly "Ie's presence would be ideal, but it's Mukuro that I need" He couldn't have both, because Ie's weird sense of denial would just mess with his brother's head if he saw him consume blood.

Fon's gaze softened "Then we shouldn't have to wait too long, your mist is always monitoring you" Having known them for years, it was something that he appreciated rather than worried about. Mukuro cared for Tsuna.

*

"You're very right" Mukuro confirmed as he materialized next to Tsuna, crouching down next to his sky "I'm sorry for taking so long Tsu-chan, I was preoccupied with something that needed more immediate action" The skylark had started to get a little too close.

'While it's fun to play with the Birdy, his persistence can be quite annoying'

Tsuna offered a tired smile "It's fine, I know you would have come quickly if it got too bad" His mist was reliable.

Gaze softening, Mukuro reached over and hugged Tsuna, nuzzling the other's cheek a little before letting him go "Of course, but that doesn't mean that I don't regret not being able to come sooner"

'Tsu-chan is precious, and I'm worried that my time with him may be limited... Plans don't always work out well'

The sky was already flushed from his fever, so his embarrassed blush couldn't show itself "Do you have it?" Honey eyed the other, wondering where the blood was.

A tiny smirk spread along the mist's lips "I've decided that I want to help you personally, just this once" He held out his hand, wrist facing the ceiling, and right under Tsuna's nose.

'My blood will ease his hunger and help him recover. At least this way I'll have the illusion of helping him instead of being useless'

Tsuna's pupils thinned, saliva already pooling in his mouth at the prospect of fresh blood "Are you sure? I thought you didn't like getting your blood taken" It was completely understandable considering past experiences.

Mukuro just smiled "I'm very sure Tsu-chan, drink as much as you want" He was used to the feeling of blood loss, because of Kyoya of course. Thankfully their last few scuffles hadn't been too bad so he had lots of blood to give "You're the only one allowed to take my blood" His sky would drink it for his own health, not study it.

'I feel useless, I keep failing to find a single person'

The sky hesitated for a few moments, studying Mukuro's expression before nodding. Tsuna gently took Mukuro's arm and bit into his wrist, careful not to bite into any of the major veins. Wrists were surprisingly delicate and he didn't want to really hurt his mist. The rush of blood that wasn't his own was delicious as he swallowed it down, it was untainted by either fear or anxiety. He drank and drank, until he could take in no more. Done feeding, Tsuna gently retracted his fangs from the other, giving a small lick over the wound to seal it "Thank you" Tsuna breathed, more sated than he'd ever been in a long time. Maybe he should drink untainted blood more often.

"I'm glad to have helped" Mukuro replied, looking much paler than he'd been than when he'd arrived. His sky's flush had receded a bit, so his blood had helped.

'It felt strange, but not painful enough to never do a repeat. Tsu-chan seems to have enjoyed feeding a lot more than usual'

Both arcobaleno had watched the feeding curiously, having never actually seen Tsuna feed properly before. It had been interesting.

Me: So some soft Mukuro in this chappy~

Comment? ^-^