125. Mulling

1016 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written September 13 2021
Posted September 15 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on September 29 2021

Ie didn't know what to think, except that the current situation that he was in was making him feel very awkward. Reborn had sent him away, so he'd left. Arguing would have just resulted in either pain or humiliation for himself. So without anything else to do, the lightning had decided to do something useful. His brother was really sick, leaving him had resulted in a deep longing resonating within his chest, urging him to go back regardless of the consequences. So he was going to go back, with back up of course.

'I can't believe that they're actually being decent towards me without Tsuna around'

The lightning knew that his brother was a sky, and he also knew that skys had elements for other reasons besides protection and loyalty. So Ie had gone and located both Hayato and Takeshi, thankfully the two had been together training at a park. After a surprisingly little amount of convincing, the two had gone with him to locate Kyoya. Ie was mildly terrified of the cloud, but he also knew that the skylark was one of Tsuna's closest friends, despite how little the two actually hung around each other..

There weren't many 'seedy' parts in Namimori, mainly thanks to Kyoya, but there were some general places where thugs liked to hang around. So locating the skylark hadn't been too hard, the trio just checked a few of the places and had eventually come across the perfect while said perfect was in the middle of bashing someone's skull against a tree.

Mentioning his plan was thankfully enough to have Kyoya follow them, at a distance. The skylark wasn't in sight, but Ie knew that the other was likely following them. The cloud was a very honest person, he had no reason to lie when he was strong enough to back up his choices.

Ie grimaced as the trio plus Kyoya arrived back at his house "I know that we all don't get along together, but Tsuna doesn't need to waste his energy playing mediator" He breathed, the comment was mainly for Kyoya since he just knew that Mukuro had already arrived.

'With this, Tsuna will have all of his elements together'

"I will be on my best behaviour!" Hayato stated, face serious. He didn't want to cause problems for his sky-no his friend. Tsuna was to be his friend first and his sky second, the other didn't want to be part of the mafia so friendship would be the most important bond.

Takeshi smiled, a serious but soft glint in his gaze "I'll do my best to make sure Tsuna is as comfortable as possible"

Ie nodded his thanks "Okay, then come in. Tsuna should be resting right now, but just being near should be good for him" He opened the front door to let them in. Reborn couldn't kick them all out, not when he'd brought them for a very good reason! Still, actually stepping into his own house felt nerve wracking.

'I hope being surrounded by people who care for him helps... I know Tsuna doesn't like noisy crowds, so hopefully the lack of fighting will make him relax more'

*

Reborn wasn't too pleased to see the rest of his sky's guardians enter the room, well most of them anyways. Kyoya was perched on a branch just outside the window, glaring daggers at Mukuro who was sitting up snuggling a drowsy Tsuna. Takeshi didn't hesitate to go in and situate himself on the other side of the sky, earning a small mumble from Tsuna. Hayato hesitated, not really that fond of either of the two near his friend, but gave in and awkwardly sat in the huddle, closer to Takeshi than Mukuro.

'I appreciate that Ie went out of his way to collect them, but I do no like that he felt like it was necessary to do so'

While Mukuro's blood had helped with Tsuna's ailment, it hadn't fixed it at all. It had just made Tsuna more comfortable now that he wasn't craving blood anymore. Reborn could tell that his sky's health was worsening, even as they were sitting around him. It wasn't too visible, but it was something that he could just feel. He wasn't the only one who felt it, the three huddled guardians were very silent, and Kyoya was slowly but surely inching closer and closer.

Were their chests aching like his own? His flame hurt, it wasn't actually harming him, but it hurt. They should be searching, doing something. Anything to find a way to break the curse. The hitman knew that, he just couldn't find the strength in him to actually leave and do that. It was terrifying, the pull to be near his sky- it was strong- but it also didn't bode well.

'Tsuna is dying'

The admission to himself left a cold achy feeling in his chest, spreading through his veins, chilling him to the core. He was losing a second sky to the arcobaleno curse. Reborn took the cocoon Leon from his fedora, cupping his immobile partner in his hands "I think Leon will emerge soon" Reborn stated, showing the drowsy sky how his partner seemed to wiggle off and on.

'Stay and see what he makes for you'

Honey became more clear, sleep fading a bit from his eyes as he took in the glowing cocoon "Leon is so cute" Tsuna crinkled his nose in concentration "Mukuro drugged me" He was feeling really good, but he also couldn't feel his body very well. It was weird.

"My intentions were pure" Mukuro cupped Tsuna's cheek "You feel good right now don't you?"

Hayato bristled, but stayed silent.

"Very good" Tsuna nodded.

"Then you can have a pass just this once" Takeshi laughed a bit, gently ruffling Tsuna's hair.

"It better not be addictive" Reborn stated.

'My sky will not become a drug addict'

"It's not, it just shuts down pain receptors and hits him with a lot of dopamine. I stalked a few scientists to get it" Mukuro added "He could get hit by a truck and not notice it" He paused "Well someone else could" Tsuna could already shrug off getting hit by cars. He'd seen it happen.

Me: Curses suck, will a miracle occur?

Comment? ^-^