78. Reasons, The True Monster

1031 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 9 2019
Posted December 11 2019
Next Update, Christmas 2019

The deadly dance between the controlled Ie, and the mist carried on for a good while. The man was content to watch everything play out while the hitman remained on standby. Mukuro was doing a good job so far in keeping Tsuna's body safe, so Reborn stood with his decision to be backup. He didn't want to risk exposure when he was unsure of how much backup the man had. Though judging by the constant purple flashes that kept flaring up throughout the woods, Kyoya was working on diminishing that front.

'That bloodthirsty skylark is most likely pleased to have so many people to beat up'

That thought gave Reborn some amusement as he watched the unknown mist control his sky's body, it was helpful that Kyoya knew how to work on his own. As he watched the fight, a small bit of jealousy grew within him, now he knew what Tsuna had meant when he'd claimed that he was close with his mist.

He heard the faint rustling of leaves, sparing a glance over his shoulder, his gaze narrowed at the sight of Iemitsu. At least the idiot hadn't recklessly charged in, and was sufficiently hidden "Why are you here" He hissed lowly, careful to keep his voice down.

'We do not need him butting in and blowing my cover...'

The blond grimaced, noting how the hitman wasn't pleased with his presence "I felt that something was wrong" He breathed, glancing towards the fight with unease "I didn't know what though" And he still didn't really know what was happening. Though something was off with Tsuna now too.

"Just stay here and don't do anything until I tell you to" The hitman growled "Right now we need to wait until Tsuna's cloud clears away all of the goons" From the sound of it, there seemed to be a lot of them. The man would surely do something drastic and become more of a threat if  he learned of Reborn's presence.

'It's also a good opportunity to see how the mist fits in'

*

A dark smirk was lingering on the skylark's lips as he tossed the newest corpse away, there seemed to be an endless stream of them showing up. He easily sidestepped a pathetic attack, jabbing the underling in the chest with his right tonfa. A sickening crack echoed as the herbivore's chest cavity caved in as he too went flying into the pile of corpses. Kyoya flicked his wrist, clearing his beloved weapon of blood before zeroing in on his next target. There were enough of the weak herbivores that he was actually having fun.

'The fruit will be fine, it can strain itself, and I will bite it if it fails to protect the baby carnivore'

If the fruit did run out of steam before he finished playing, then the baby carnivore would surely show his fangs once again. The cloud smirked at that prospect as he disposed of some more herbivores. It wasn't often that he got to play like this at such a large scale, nor was it often that the little sky truly showed his fangs.

*

Xanxus frowned when he stepped foot off of the plane, something felt horribly wrong with this place. Why the hell was the trashy candidate living in a place with such a trashy atmosphere? Iemitsu was a lot dumber than he'd initially thought, and that was saying something.

'Now where is that little kid?'

It should be easy enough to dispose of the interloper.

*

Hetrochromatic eyes gleamed when a familiar flame sparked within their shared body, that was good. It meant that Tsuna was coming back online, just in time too. Despite how strong their shared bond was, it still drained a significant amount of his energy whenever he hijacked his sky's body. It was a lot easier on him when control was willingly given over to him, unfortunately that hadn't been possible.

'Poor Tsu-chan is finally getting over his shock, he always was too soft on Ie-chan'

*

He dodged a flaming fist, grabbing the arm to flip over Ie, landing directly behind him. Hetrochromatic eyes closed before opening to reveal teary orange "I'm sorry" Tsuna whispered as he felt Mukuro's consciousness fade from his own. He hadn't meant to put everything on him. His gaze then narrowed as he struck Ie's shoulder blades with an open flame covered palm, the impact sent his brother crashing into a rock. Tsuna winced in sympathy, this was different than getting back at Ie for revenge.

He was thankful towards his mist for stalling for time, despite how Ie was currently too strong for Mukuro to have been able to handle safely. He bit his lip as Ie let out an enraged howl before lunging towards him, he blocked a strike, wincing when he noted how much of his flames Ie still had left. It was a miracle that the other hadn't simply imploded under the pressure.

"Why didn't you just kill me like you wanted to?" Tsuna spat at the strange man, why had Ie been used instead?

The man gave a lazy shrug "I'm not able to kill your kind, the curse would be too much for me" Reborn's eyes narrowed at the man's words.

'What did he mean by that?'

Tsuna grit his teeth at the response, eyes darkening as he worked to subdue his brother. He didn't think that Ie would stop, even if he were to be rendered unconscious. He needed to find a way to make Ie expel all of the stolen flames. Without killing him of course.

The man's lips curled up into a cruel smile "If you weren't such a monster, I wouldn't have had to use your precious little brother" He gave a deep chuckle "I may have wanted to kill the sky arcobaleno" Iemitsu stiffened at those words "But I didn't want to be killed by a vampire's backlash" Tsuna flipped Ie "It's especially nasty how those who intentionally kill vampires end up getting destroyed at the molecular level"

'Tsuna is a vampire?! I'm... Actually not as surprised as I should be...'

"You're more of a monster than I'll ever be!" Tsuna hissed, eyes teary as he once again tossed his brother. If Ie had killed him, then both of them would have died.

Me: Some of you already knew that Tsuna was a vampire~ Since it was in the tags and hinted at a lot~

I like how this turned out~ Hope you enjoyed~

Another plot point was revealed~