86. Mukuro... Mukuro?! Oh no...

1030 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written March 22 2020
NEXT UPDATE on or before April 5 2020

The walk to school had surprisingly turned out quite well, Ie had kept mostly to himself while Hayato kept giving him suspicious glances. Takeshi on the other hand was grinning since the bomber wasn't trying to shoo him away like he usually did. Kyoya eyed Ie, gaze narrowed as the group passed through the school gates before offering Tsuna a silent nod. Honey gleamed as the sky gave the skylark a bright smile.

"What was that Tsuna?" Reborn inquired from atop his head once they were a good distance from the gates.

'Is he aware of Tsuna and Ie's past relationship as well?'

"Ah, Kyoya was acknowledging that Ie-chan is normal again" There would have been no other explanation for them to be walking so close to each other without incident otherwise.

Hayato blinked "Please don't tell me that they used to be close" That would be creepy.

"No" Ie blushed a bit "He just tolerated me because it made Tsuna happy" Sometimes the skylark would reluctantly help him, but only if there had been no other option.

'That makes more sense, I think only Tsuna would be able to properly befriend both his cloud and mist'

*

'So the herbivore is no longer a danger to the baby carnivore...'

Something in the air shifted, causing the skylark to whirl around, lunging at the new presence with his tonfas "Fruit" Steel narrowed as he met the other's gaze.

"Birdy" Mukuro teased, smirking as he continued to hold off the skylark with his trident. Neither weapon was faltering against the other.

'The fruit is actually here'

Kyoya scowled "Trespassing is forbidden" Why was the fruit not using the normal cowardly tactics?

Heterochromatic eyes glimmered as the mist offered a dark grin "I'm a student now" He laughed when he felt the other's force falter a bit. God the Birdy was just so much fun to mess with "And I haven't broken a rule" Yet "So you have no right to attack me" Yet. It was inevitable that he'd break one of the skylark's rules.

'... Fruit...'

Visibly unhappy, Kyoya paused in his assault on the other. He couldn't needlessly attack students, even if they were fruit. It would take away the incentive for others to adhere to the rules if they thought that they'd be bitten no matter what "Why?" Why now of all times?

Mukuro smirked, weapon dissolving into mist "Tsu-chan and Ie-chan are back together" He wouldn't have to choose between them, or face being rejected by Ie. His gaze darkened, smirk melting into a more serious expression "And Tsu-chan is running out of time" The use of his flames once Ie stopped sapping them hadn't helped matters.

'Baby carnivore... Can't die'

"Vampire" Shouldn't the baby carnivore's healing delay it? It'd been working well so far.

"It's only delaying it, not preventing" It wasn't a perfect solution at all.

*

Ie kept giving Tsuna glances throughout the school day. The sky had told him to be distant like he normally was so that he wouldn't attract attention to them. It would seem weird to outsiders for them to suddenly become close.

'I want to be closer...'

He'd tried calling the other Dame-Tsuna like the sky had wanted, but hadn't been able to. Even though Tsuna had wanted it, and would have known that he was acting, he still hadn't been able to do it. Couldn't bare to say mean or horrible things to him anymore, he'd already done that more than enough in the past.

'Tsuna didn't ask much from me, but I still wasn't able to do it for him...'

His eyes were beginning to burn, so he buried his face in his arms against his desk. Why was he being so useless in helping Tsuna? It had been easier wen they'd been little, before any real bad memories had been between them. Before he'd truly caused Tsuna any damage.

*

Reborn was tempted to throw some chalk at Ie, but a look from Tsuna made him reconsider. The sky's eyes were glowing a faint orange so something must be up with Ie, he'd ask later during break. He was busy playing the role of Reboryamma right now.

'I doubt that Ie is just being lazy if Tsuna is sticking up for him...'

*

"This is your new classmate Rokudo Mukuro" Reborn stated, hiding his surprise as the mist took a seat in front of Tsuna. Mukuro didn't even bother with any pleasantries for the class. Judging by Tsuna's wide eyes, the sky hadn't known that Mukuro would be joining the class.

'It's actually a bit refreshing to see Tsuna genuinely surprised like that'

Honey eyes were wide, and the sky's mouth was open in a small 'o' shape.

*

"Why is the school still standing?" Tsuna asked during break, glancing around nervously for any sign of the skylark. He'd left both his storm and rain behind to confront the mist.Normally he liked Kyoya's presence, but that was when Mukuro wasn't around. A small shiver ran through his frame, this didn't bode well, at all. Honey narrowed at him "And why are you here?" In the flesh, not an illusion.

Mukuro stifled a chuckle "I wanted to be closer to you" He wrapped his arms around the now blushing brunette's waist, pulling him closer, enjoying his warmth "And the Birdy can't hurt me until I break a rule" They were now currently veiled by mist flames, invisible to all but those who could use flames.

'My precious sky, I'll be with you until the end, and maybe even after'

Honey melted into orange "I'm doing fine" He's been worse before, the blood in the back of his throat was barely noticeable anymore. It was almost always there now. At least he hasn't vomited too recently.

"I know" Tsuna was as fine as he could be "But I still couldn't resist now that Ie-chan is better" He nuzzled Tsuna's cheek, giving the other a teasing nip, but not breaking the skin. Hoping to get a rise out of the other.

"Do you have a death wish?!" The sky squeaked, blushing adorably  like how Mukuro had predicted "Kyoya's going to be angry" Or more angry.

Mukuro smiled, it was all teeth "Birdy is a lot more fun when he's riled up" He breathed, releasing the other.

'Birdy's so rough, it makes things interesting'

Tsuna's face reddened at his words.

Me: So Mukuro and Hibari are going to go to school together...

And their relationship will be explained, but they are not romantically involved. At all.

This was interesting to write~ Hope you enjoyed~