116. No Mafia Talk

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 11 2021
Posted May 12 2021
NEXT UPDATE is on May 26 2021

Despite the unnerving amount of blood that he'd just thrown up, Tsuna was feeling good. Over the last few days, Reborn had been contacting Vongola about his situation and the young sky had a very good feeling about whatever the outcome will be. Sure he didn't expect everything to be solved easily, but he doubted that there wouldn't be any solutions at all. His intuition was never wrong.

The sky wiped his mouth, not wanting to re-ingest any of the blood that'd been left near his mouth since it was technically vomit. Tsuna felt like he was going to throw up still, that was fine though. He'd take the roofs and vomit on any criminals if the timing was right. So long as nobody watched him puke that was fine. Nobody liked to be watched while they were sick, him included.

After a while of hopping along the roofs, the sky caught a familiar sound. It sounded like explosions, and swearing. Tsuna blinked, it had been a while since he'd seen Hayato, maybe he should check up on him? That's what people who were supposed to be friends did right? The concept of initiating friendship still felt weird to him... But since he wasn't planning on letting his illness kill him anymore, maybe he should try and bond more with him and Takeshi?

*

"I think I've been neglecting you and Takeshi"

Hayato jumped, dropping the dynamite sticks that he'd been holding. Thankfully he hadn't lit them yet "Tsuna-sama!" Green widened at the sight of his sky, having not expected to see him.

'Tsuna-sama approached me outside of school!'

Tsuna frowned at the other's surprise, he wasn't good at being friends with people was he? Mukuro and Kyoya didn't count since they were unique "I'm sorry" He gave a small bow. Friends apologized when they were in the wrong right?

The bomber spluttered "No!" He waved his hands frantically "It's fine, you have done nothing wrong. You were busy right?" His sky's time was valuable so of course not much of it could be spent on him.

'I'm just glad that I wasn't forgotten'

"Somewhat" Tsuna reluctantly agreed, still frowning "Hayato, do you want to stay mafia?" He glanced around the park, it was empty besides the two of them due to how late it was. Since he'd had the conversation with reborn, he should probably have it with the bomber as well. Hayato had initially approached him due to being affiliated with the mafia "I don't want to be part of anything mafia" He didn't want to be held down by duty.

Not be mafia? Hayato was shocked "But it's in your blood, you have to be mafia" Even if his sky wasn't going to be the Vongola Decimo , he was still going to support Vongola as the future CEDEF leader. The role had already been chosen.

'Is Tsuna-sama confused?'

The sky offered a small smile "Blood means nothing, I never wanted to be part of the mafia" His opinion on the matter had never been a secret, anyone with a brain knew that Tsuna didn't want to be a boss "Reborn is working things out so that I can just stay out of it once I'm healthy "

Hayato bit his lip "Are you getting rid of me?" He wasn't the other's main storm element... And why would Tsuna need more than one of the same element if he wasn't going to be involved with the mafia?

'I had thought that with Tsuna-sama... I would have a place'

Tsuna quickly shook his head "No, I'm just not good with friendship stuff so I wanted to tell you in case you wanted to be in the mafia" He didn't want to trap anyone to his side, it wouldn't be fair.

"Oh" Hayato breathed a sigh of relief, he wasn't being abandoned. He was being given the option to leave since the other's opportunities had shifted. The bomber's brows furrowed as he contemplated the other's words "I've always been mafia" He replied after thinking for a bit.

'I don't know what not being mafia would be like... I never even contemplated it'

"I understand" Tsuna spoke softly "I used to never think about my future since I never thought such a thing would exist" Hayato would need time to figure things out. The sky was silent for a few moments before speaking once more "It's okay for you to seek me out... I'm open to friendship" He scratched his cheek nervously "I'm not good with friendship though so I might neglect you" Honey suddenly narrowed as he remembered something "Your sister is often around my house so be careful" Bianchi and his mom got along well. It was a good thing since he kinda neglected her a lot too...

The bomber eyed Tsuna curiously, the other was truly being sincere "I'll do that" He wasn't all great with friendship either but he'll still help Tsuna learn about it! "I would like to be your friend even without the mafia" Tsuna was a really kind person, even if he sometimes had difficulty expressing it.

'How could I leave such a kind sky after being accepted?'

"Okay..." Tsuna shifted awkwardly, not knowing what to do or say next "Umm... I'm going to go now?" He picked up the other's dynamite that'd been dropped "You should rest, you're covered in scrapes" It felt weird to say that, he'd ignored people who's injuries had been much worse. The scratches were nothing compared to that.

Hayato awkwardly accepted his dynamite "Thank you, I will... Tsuna" Saying the other's name like that was hard... But if the other wasn't going to be in the mafia, it would be rude. Especially since Tsuna had already told him that he didn't want to be addressed formally.

'He just wants friendship... Like he already told me in the beginning'

Honey lit up, a small smile tugging at Tsuna's lips "Take care!" He hopped up to the closest roof. That went well right? Seeking people out for just companionship was hard... How did people do it?

The bomber watched as Tsuna disappeared from his sight, that had been a surprisingly stiff conversation...

'At least he put in the effort?'

Me: So will Tsuna actually stop being neglectful? XP 

That's why their appearances were so random, Tsuna actually forgot about them often~ Kyoya and Mukuro are busy, Hayato and Takeshi? Not so much~

Comment? ^-^