113. Chapter of Doom

1020 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR

Written March 30 2021
Posted March 31 2021
NEXT UPDATE is on April 14 2021

°^° it was scary when Wattpad broke and hurt my chapters... Glad it fixed itself, apparently the last few had disappeared as well... I just didn't notice

Tsuna silently pouted as he finished up the paper tasks that the hitman had given him, he saw no point to them. Sure, many of the things that he was learning could help someone wanting to be in charge of something big… The problem was that he did not want to become the CEDEF’s leader. Yes he wasn’t a lackey, but that didn’t mean that he wanted to be a leader. The young sky just wanted to live how he wanted to live, being in charge of the CEDEF would severely limit his options. If only running away wouldn’t mean ditching his elements or at least some of them.

Reborn eyed his student curiously, despite the other’s lack of enthusiasm, Tsuna really was working quite diligently at the given tasks “You seem more upset than doing paperwork should make you” He stated.

It’s a boring task, but it’s not like he’s going over stuff that contains anything gruesome or disturbing. The content should just be dry to read at most

“Why am I being forced to become a mafia boss?” Honey eyes met Reborn’s own gaze “Unlike Vongola, the CEDEF doesn’t require a certain bloodline” His shoulders sagged “So why am I being forced to train in order to lead people that I don’t even want to lead?” It was really bugging him that he had no choice.

“You’ll become a great boss Tsuna” His sky was kind, compassionate, smart, and wasn’t afraid to break someone. Not to mention the fact that he already had the required guardians.

So much better than his poor excuse of a father

Honey narrowed “I understand that” Reborn had already made his opinion regarding his potential quite clear “What I don’t understand is why I’m being forced to be one” There should be plenty of mafioso that would do just fine in the position. If Iemitsu had been able to last that long, then someone else could last just as long “I don’t want to be a mafia boss” He crossed his arms “Why can’t I choose my own future?”

The hitman was silent for a few moments as he contemplated the other’s words before answering “What do you want to do Tsuna?” He didn’t think that Tsuna had ever mentioned future plans that didn’t involve his own death.

‘I don’t think I’ve ever really asked him’

“To be honest, I’m not really sure” Tsuna admitted softly “The concept of not accepting my death still feels so new to me” He’d never bothered to think about a future that could never be. Honey glinted, flames too weak to turn them orange “But I do know that I do not want to become a mafia boss” The teen let out a sigh “I don’t want to be surrounded by people and chained down by the obligations that come with such power” Tsuna wasn’t a people person, and he doubted that he ever would be one.

“That’s understandable” Reborn agreed “But you’re already involved with the mafia”

Tsuna would have eventually been sought out no matter what. Eventually word of Namimori’s mysteries would have drawn in even stronger opponents

“I am” Tsuna admitted “However that doesn’t mean that I should latch onto the CEDEF” His tone was firm as he offered the hitman a small smile “With enough training my elements and I should be able to live here just fine so long as we don’t try to expand our territory”

“I see your point” Reborn reluctantly agreed, it wasn’t truly necessary for Tsuna to become the CEDEF boss, it was just highly recommended “But are you willing to anger Vongola? The Family as a whole has certain expectations regarding you”

Having Vongola as an enemy would be dangerous…’

The sky’s smile became a little more sharp “I doubt that Xanxus is the kind of person that would try to tie me down” From what he’d heard of the wrath user’s personality, the guy was gruff, angry, but also able to be reasoned with “Why would he want an ally that doesn’t want to be his ally? Or at least in charge of his ally Family” That was just asking for sketchy stuff or a betrayal to happen… Especially since it was the mafia that they were talking about.

“That is very true, Xanxus seemed to have at least some respect regarding you” Xanxus had actually been willing to let Tsuna owe him a favour… That said a lot when the wrath flame user liked to throw things at people “I will contact Vongola later”

It’s not like I’m part of Vongola anyways…’

Tsuna perked up, honey round with shock “Really?!” He hadn’t thought that Reborn would truly listen to him, the hitman had always been so adamant about his role of being a future boss.

Reborn sighed “Of course” Tsuna was his sky, and if this was something that the other seriously didn’t want, then he’d see what he could do. The hitman didn’t want his sky’s flames to dim with disappointment.

If being a mafia boss would feel like a chain to Tsuna… I don’t think that I’d be able to force him. He’s already been held in captivity before…’

The young sky positively beamed “Thank you!” If it was Reborn, then he was sure that the other would be able to do something to help.

“You’re my sky” Reborn looked away, inner flame giving him a warm and content feeling “Despite how pushy I can be, I don’t want you to be miserable” He’d silence those who tried “Though I’ll still train you, knowledge is power after all” And if Tsuna knew how to be a boss, then he’d be more able to predict the moves of enemy leaders.

Maybe Tsuna could just be affiliated like myself… Truly leaving the mafia is a great feat, especially when the connections are still needed. Checkerface must be caught before any ties are truly cut

“I’m fine with that” Tsuna breathed, still smiling “I like learning from you” Even if it sometimes made him feel like he was actually dying. The hard work was paying off.

Me: What?!? Is Tsuna not going to be a mafia boss?

Hope you enjoyed~

Yesterday it was 14°C ... Today/tomorrow it's gonna snow XD