115. Uneasy Doubts

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written April 27 2021
Posted April 28 2021
NEXT UPDATE is on May 12 2021

When Ie woke up, he felt like he was dying. The lightning's whole body felt weak and ached horribly. When the teen tried to get up, he only managed to lift his torso a bit before collapsing back onto the bed that he'd woken up in. Wait, brown blinked in confusion. Why was he here? Heart rate speeding up, the teen frantically glanced around, not recognizing the room that he was in.

'I failed... Fon must have brought me to a different town...'

Ie's eyes stung, fingers trembling as he clutched the soft fuzzy grey blanket that'd been thrown over him. He'd passed out before the avalanche had stopped, all of those people... All the children... Sniffing, Ie hurriedly wiped at his eyes, not wanting to cry. He'd tried his best, that was something right? They wouldn't have been able to evacuate in time anyways so he'd done the right thing...

'How am I still alive?'

The thought of being the only survivor made Ie feel sick. He didn't know how he was still alive, just that he was and it was probably thanks to Fon. Sharp fangs dug into the lightning's bottom lip as he chewed it, Fon had saved him, but had probably left everyone else to die... The mafia was horrible.

"Why are you harming yourself?" Fon inquired as he stepped into the room.

Ie blinked, suddenly aware of the bloody tang in his mouth. He halted the action "I failed" He breathed, voice soft "They're all dead" And it hurt a lot more than he'd thought it would. But why though?

'I was too weak...'

Fon eyed the teen curiously "Nobody died, you protected the town and everyone in it" It wasn't a complete lie. Ie did protect everyone up until he lost consciousness. The teen didn't need to know the full story though.

The teen's face scrunched up in confusion "I passed out before it ended"

'I know I did...'

"It only hit the front" There'd been a bit of a delay but not a lethal one "Everyone had already moved towards the back" He'd instructed them to just in case. Killing off an entire town just to train someone wasn't a method that he'd ever use. Fon offered Ie a warm smile "You used your flames to protect everyone"

Feeling uneasy, the lightning raised a hand to look at it "Why didn't it spark out at anybody?" The volatile looking flames of his were dangerous, there's no way that he'd caused no damage, especially with how much flame he'd pushed out.

'It's too hard to control'

"Your flames will only hurt others if you wish them to" Fon breathed "Despite their erratic appearance, your control is actually a lot more refined than your brother's" Fon hopped over to look the other in the eye "Tsuna has never accidentally caused harm to others with his flames" He paused "Except for when he tries something really stupid that is. Right?" Ie gave a hesitant nod "So why would yours be any different?" The storm arcobaleno sighed "Your flames only spark as badly as they do because you're expecting them to"

Ie's eyes went wide at the other's words "Really?" He suddenly looked a bit doubtful "That seems kinda hard to believe" Like it was too good to be true. There had to be a catch.

'It couldn't be something so simple could it?'

Fon eyed Ie "Just go over the proof, if I wasn't correct then the whole town would have been levelled by your flames" Ie's output had indeed been very impressive, especially for someone so new to using his own flames instead of leeching off of another's instead.

The teen paled, recalling that yes, he had used a crazy amount of flames before he'd passed out. Something like houses would have stood no chance against his strength "I need to go outside" He tried but once again failed to get up "Where am I anyways?" Ie inquired nervously "This isn't the room that I've been staying in" This one was very small, almost like an empty storage closet.

'It would make more sense for me to be in my room if everything was fine...'

"A few houses were destroyed so your room is temporarily housing a small family" The storm arcobaleno explained "It made more sense to have you here since you're just one person" Fon's gaze softened "Once you're able, you can help out with recovering some items and clearing the snow" The teen deserved to rest first, especially after what he'd put him through "There's no rush" The adults of the town had been made aware of what might happen ahead of time so everything really important had already been moved. Vongola would pay for their losses and then some.

Ie felt his eyes sting a bit "So everything really is fine?" It was as if a heavy weight had suddenly been lifted from his chest.

*

"Yes" Fon smirked when Ie passed out after his answer. His newest student really was something, flame exhaustion was no joke. It was surprising that it had only taken Ie a few hours to wake up.

'Now that he knows that everyone is fine, he should be able to sleep a lot better'

Once everything was fixed, they'd need to head out to their next location. The situation that he'd wanted Ie to go through had already passed, there was no reason to stay here longer than they needed to.

'Now that his confidence should be a bit better, we should be able to really work on his flame and physical abilities'

The storm arcobaleno didn't think that returning to Namimori would be a good idea just yet, so he just needed to find an obscure yet mildly life threatening location for the two of them to head to next. Despite Ie's progress, the teen still had a lot of growth to work on if he was to stay by their sky's side. Only the best were good enough for Tsuna... Though...

'I should test out his rain and second storm when we do go back... They can't lag behind or Tsuna will be dragged down with them'

At least Tsuna had chosen a rain that wasn't too annoying.

Me: Fon is a big fat liar, but it's for the good cause of having Ie see/realize the truth~

Hope you enjoyed~

My mom looked at me funny when I said blood tasted good >^>... It does!