77. Truths

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC

Written November 27 2019
NEXT UPDATE on or before December 11 2019

"Who the hell are you?" Ie snarled, shooting a glare at the unknown man. He was in a forest, though he wasn't exactly sure where in the forest he was. He didn't really think much about the fact that he didn't even remember how he had even gotten here. He'd felt anger, and then he was here.

'So vicious...'

The man's lips curled up into a smirk "That doesn't really matter" He breathed, grey eyes sharp behind square frames. He let out a chuckle when the teen bristled, hands curling into fists "All that matters is that you're finally ready"

Ie opened his mouth to retort, but instead fell limply to the ground. The man paid him no heed as he capped off a used syringe, placing it back into his pocket. It was best not to leave evidence after all.

*

"What did you do to Ieyoshi-sama?" Tsuna's voice was firm as he stopped a reasonably safe distance away from the man. He usually didn't speak to the hidden dangers of Namimori, but this guy was different. A faint tremble ran through his frame, he knew this man. Orange rimmed honey glanced worriedly at the crumpled form near the man's feet, he'd noticed the needle too late. It had already pierced Ie before he'd even had any time to react. Reborn frowned from within the tree's shadows, it was odd to see his sky trembling.

'Why is Tsuna afraid of him?'

"Is that what he's making you call him?" The man was amused "What happened to Ie-chan?" He mocked, enjoying how the other visibly flinched. He knew that he was currently safe, the little sky wouldn't dare risk endangering his precious brother, or at least not when he was here. He licked his lips, eyes lazily moving towards Ie "Why don't you get up and sow your brother just how much you love him" His tone turned mocking as an eruption of pure sky flames burst out from Ie's body.

Tsuna took in a sharp intake of breath, honey eyes wide with horror as he stepped back "Ie?" His voice cracked as he watched his brother stagger to his feet, limbs moving awkwardly as if he were a puppet on a string.

'Those flames are completely different than Baka-Ie's.. They feel as if they were Tsuna's flames, not similar, but exactly like them...'

The hitman decided to stay hidden within the shadows, not wanting to give away all of their moves. When Ie looked up, his eyes were a familiar shade of orange. Yet they were blank.

'Oi Tsuna! Move!'

A flame covered fist sent the older teen flying into a tree, Reborn readied his Leon gun. Tsuna wasn't acting right, neither was Ie. It didn't seem like Tsuna was going to fight back, and there was no way that he'd allow his sky to die.

An unfamiliar laugh suddenly came from his favoured student, causing the hitman to halt "Oya oya, it seems like this situation is a little too much for my Tsu-chan's heart to handle" Mist flames permeated the air, cautiously poking at sky flames.

'Is that Tsuna's mist?... but how?'

*

The one in Tsuna's body met Reborn's gaze, familiar honey had been replaced by a set of hetrochromatic eyes. The mist crossed his arms, giving the man a hateful glare "So you're the reason why Tsu-chan hasn't been able to use his flames" He swiftly dodged, a flame filled kick. He'd protect his sky's body until Tsuna was okay again to take back control.

'It's been a while since I've controlled, Tsu-chan...'

"It's nice to see you again subject 69" The man greeted, not too concerned, he had a whole load of workers ready to attack.

Tsuna's lips curled with distaste "The pleasure is solely yours" He scoffed, silently wondering why his illusions weren't working against Ie. Ie was almost as dear to him as Tsuna, so he didn't want to harm him too much if it were possible. Especially since Tsuna's emotions were almost overwhelming him, his sky was hurting a lot. He formed his trident, pointing it at the man "What exactly did you do to him?"

'How did he turn Ie-chan into such a hate filled person?'

I was too late to stop things, so he figured that he may as well tell them about how much they had failed the youngest "Your friend has been absorbing the sky's flames" His smirk darkened "Do you know what happens when someone is forced to take in incompatible flames in large quantities?" He hadn't been able to neutralize the sky arcobaleno with his own methods, so he'd decided to use the boy's own flames against him. He had just been so lucky that he'd already had the perfect means to achieve it. The mist faltered, taking a burning graze to the side, suddenly feeling sick.

'Flame sickness... It warps feelings, emotions and causes erratic behaviour. The afflicted often becomes irrational and violent... But I'd thought that Ie-chan had always been a sky... But if he wasn't...'

Mukuro wanted to puke, suddenly understanding why his precious sky had wavered. They'd completely and utterly failed Ie. Himself due to ignorance, and Tsuna from denial? Tsuna and Ie's bond had been unrivalled when they were younger, all animosity had been an act to shield Tsuna from attention. Flame sickness had twisted the bond on Ie's end, turning the youngest into a violent person obsessed with Tsuna. Eventually that animosity had been twisted into truth "And I thought that I was the monster" He hissed out.

'I can't hurt him... Why is the Birdy messing around with the lackeys? His assistance would be useful right about now!'

He continued with the little dance of dodging and avoiding Ie's hits, the skylark would show up eventually. He doubted that the big bad carnivore would let their sky be damaged too much. He didn't think that he could safely get passed Ie with minimal injuries and the hitman would be their last resort. Another person was needed, he would keep Ie busy, and the other person could go after the man.

*

It was hard to silently watch, especially with everything that he'd learned. But he knew that it was best not to reveal all of their players.

Me: Ie's erratic personality has been explained~ All his anger, hate, occasional worry and weirdness towards Tsuna~ and Tsuna's love for him despite this~

The question is, will we ever see the real Ie?

Well there have been times where Ie has briefly shown concern for him...

Berry was bad and wrote this last minute >~<