93. Roof Talk, Anger

1028 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written June 22 2020
Posted June 24 2020
NEXT UPDATE is on or before July 8 2020

Tsuna smiled to himself, feeling a bit lighter than when he'd left. The metallic aftertaste of blood in his mouth wasn't his own for once, making it all the more pleasant. Since he was done feeding for the night, he was almost tempted to head back home. Unfortunately, he'd sensed a familiar presence, one that wouldn't be a good idea to ignore. Glowing orange flashed towards the tiny figure who was covered in bandages "Bermuda" He greeted, tone even as he tilted his head a bit. They were currently on one of the rooftops near the outskirts of Namimori.

"So it's true" Bermuda breathed, eyeing the young sky "You're the holder of the sky pacifier" His tiny hands clenched the clear pacifier around his own neck. He almost hadn't believed it when some of the other Vindice had informed him.

'I had never expected it, but this may prove to be advantageous'

The sky gave a small nod, eyeing the clear pacifier "I hadn't known of it's importance until recently" Looking back on it, it was stupid that he hadn't suspected anything. Owning a similar item to the arcobaleno should have told him that something was up. The fact that Bermuda had a clear pacifier had thrown him off since there was only supposed to be seven pacifiers.

The small Vindice made an annoyed sound "Of course the coward didn't tell you anything" What a cruel thing to do to a young child "We almost cornered Checkerface a few days ago"

'If only the cowards didn't have mist flames he'd have been caught by now'

Tsuna's eyes gleamed "I'll do my part when it comes down to it" So long as the Vindice continued to honour their current agreement of leaving Namimori for him to deal with "The fact that I'm the sky arcobaleno doesn't change anything" His health was declining the same as before, the only difference that came with the reveal was that he had arguably more authority in some groups than before.

Bermuda studied the other "You'd have done well in my ranks" It was tricky to calculate how long the sky had due to his vampiric traits prolonging his life "Maybe you'll have the chance"

'He's a strong and talented sky, he'd be even stronger if not for his health'

Orange narrowed at the Vindice's words "Your followers reek of rotting flesh, I'm not keen of the idea of having the same scent" He had no reason to actually join them and he doubted that it'd be a simple ordeal.

"If you don't die first" Bermuda paused "You'll have to join if Checkerface isn't taken down in time" His voice was barely a whisper as he disappeared.

'I'm looking forward to see how things play out'

Tsuna blinked in confusion, the other's words hadn't made any sense. He shook his head, deciding to ignore Bermuda's words for now.

*

"You came back later than expected" Reborn observed as the sky slipped in through the window, skin less pale than before.

'It's almost the time that Tsuna normally wakes up'

Honey softened "I ran into a distraction that I couldn't ignore" Yes the Vindice respected him to a degree, but it would have been idiotic for him to ignore Bermuda. The tiny Vindice was rarely noticed unless he wanted to be. He scooped up the sleeping Nezumi, cuddling her close to his chest. The rat didn't awaken.

The hitman raised a brow "What could have possibly kept you for so long?" He didn't think that there were many things that could keep the other.

Tsuna's eyes gleamed mischievously "I was dealing with the Vindice"

Reborn was silent for a few moments "Why?" For some reason he was only mildly surprised that his sky was in contact with the force that most of the mafia feared.

'He obviously isn't in trouble if he's still around, I don't think that Tsuna could take them on. At least not without continuously evading their pursuit'

The sky gave a small shrug "The leader wanted to confirm whether or not I was the sky arcobaleno I think" And then proceeded to say a bunch of things that he didn't quite understand.

The hitman frowned "That doesn't explain anything"

Tsuna smiled "I made a deal with them years ago" He stifled a small yawn "They wanted me to attack a certain man once they'd caught him since I'm a vampire in favour of leaving Namimori to me, Kyoya, and Mukuro" Since he was a vampire, anyone that killed him would also die as a result of the vampire curse "I'm pretty sure now that the guy they were talking about is Checkerface"

'It doesn't surprise me in the least that they'd stoop so low as to use a child in such a way...'

"That is a strange coincidence" Reborn replied, what were the odds? He still wasn't pleased with the answer though "So you're expected by them to kill him or die trying, which would then kill him as a result?" It was a horrible idea, especially since it involved his sky.

Honey darkened at his words, Tsuna bit his lip "I didn't have much of a choice" A small grimace crossed over his face "Mukuro and I had caused a lot of damage in our escape from the scientists" So many had died that day, he'd never bothered to count "If I hadn't made the deal, I'd be a wanted criminal on the Vindice's capture list" His tone became strained "You didn't think that we'd actually be able to get away with how many mafioso we kill did you?"

Reborn let out a soft curse under his breath "I'd thought that Vongola had been subtly dealing with that problem" Why hadn't they? It didn't make any sense.

'How can the strongest mafia be so utterly useless?'

Tsuna's smile was now crooked "They'd have to officially acknowledge that I existed" His gaze narrowed as his words became bitter "Doing so would apparently put me in more danger" Even though his good for nothing father hadn't been able to keep his mouth shut "Vongola would have had no proof of the Vindice taking me, so they'd have just assumed that I was somehow killed"

'And here I thought that it was impossible to become even angrier with the dolt Iemitsu'

Me: So some backstory on how Tsuna knows the Vindice~

Vongola is even worse then you guys thought XP

Hope you enjoyed zee chappy~

Snow... please come back, the evil sun is mean, let's just skip to at least autumn