27: Talking

Written March 11 2016

Edited January 4 2020

Yayz!!! 2K votes~~~ I've never had so many votes on a story that wasn't finished before~~ ty ty ty~~~~~ ^_^

_____

"How do you feel about killing?..."

The hitman asked cautiously, he was curious but at the same time didn't want to upset the honey eyed brunette.

Tsuna bit his lip as he gazed towards the ground silently for a few moments before raising his head to meet Reborn's gaze.

"It hurts.... Life is precious, but I won't hesitate to steal it away if it means that someone I care about will be safe if I do so..."

The hitman nodded in sympathy.

'It's good that he doesn't love killing but isn't afraid to kill. A mafia boss should be conscious of how precious life is, thankfully Tsuna is already conscious of the fact'

"Those are good words Tsuna"

A small smile laced the brunette's lips as a small blush tinted his cheeks as he looked away in embarrassment.

"Umm.... What do you think about killing? Because, you know.... You're a hitman..."

The hitman raised a brow at the question, it wasn't one that was completely off topic yet he hadn't expected it.

"I just kill whoever I deem fit, life is valuable, yet it fades so easily...."

The hitman replied lightly, he noticed a look of consideration within honey eyes.

"Tsuna"

"Hm?"

The brunette hummed in response.

"One day will you tell me why you only talk to a few people? There's got to be more to it than what you've already told me"

The hitman whispered softly as he stroked Leon who was perched atop his beloved fedora.

The brunette tilted hit head to the side and tapped his chin in thought.

"There is.... I trust you with the answer... But I'm not comfortable to speak about it.... It's nothing personal, I just–"

"I get it, you still haven't come to complete terms with it?"

'Everyone has things that they don't tell anyone, even if they trust the person.... I'm no different after all.....'

The brunette nodded sadly.

"Yeah, sometimes I wake up hoping that everything had just been a horrible nightmare...."

The brunette replied softly after coughing.

"I've been there.....'

The hitman murmured as he remembered how he had ended up in the body of an infant.

"Yeah.... I sort of figured, something happened to your real body right?"

The hitman froze in shock, wondering if the teen had read his thoughts.

"Why do you think so?"