122. Searching Search Search?

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written August 2 2021
Posted August 4 2021
NEXT UPDATE will be August 18 2021

'A strong carnivore has been hiding around...'

For a while now, Kyoya had been able to sense that someone new had arrived in Namimori. The fact that said person was new wasn't what was important though, it was the fact that the person seemed to radiate strength. Normally someone with such power would have already made a move by now, no matter how small said move was. However, that wasn't the case this time. Instead of doing anything, the presence seemed to be doing nothing more than hiding.

It was irritating the skylark quite a bit. He wanted to test his skills, even if the carnivore seemed to have some herbivorous tendencies. It was tempting to label the presence as an omnivore, but the label just didn't seem right. Kyoya's instincts were telling him that it was a carnivore, so a carnivore was what they were.

'It doesn't make any sense'

With how unusual it was for carnivores to actually hide, it was unsettling to discover one that was doing just that. Kyoya didn't like being unsettled, Namimori was his domain, he shouldn't feel unsettled in it. He was supposed to be the main carnivore here.

With how elusive his ever moving prey seemed to be, Kyoya was starting to hope that they were deep in the mafia. He'd already been searching for the elusive carnivore known as Checkerface, how odd would it be if the elusive carnivore that he was sensing was that specific one? The one who'd hurt his baby carnivore. Elusive carnivores were rare, so it seemed reasonable to hope. The Checkerface carnivore had sounded like someone with a messed up sense of humour, his sky was ailing. Would the Checkerface carnivore want to observe their struggles?

'Either way, they will be bitten to death'

*

Mukuro's eyes narrowed, he wasn't there in person, but projecting himself was just as good "You shouldn't be here" It was only dumb luck and his indiscriminate marking of people that'd allowed him to be there.

'It doesn't make any sense'

"I know" The person Mukuro had addressed replied easily "But I needed to be here"

So he wasn't just seeing things... "How?" It was impossible for them to be here.

A bitter smile was offered "Determination and a bit of murder" A small laugh "Don't worry, it wasn't anyone too important..." A pause "Well I guess it could be argued that I caused more... But I'm just waiting now so it should be fine"

Mukuro chuckled "Such easy talk of murder..." He felt around his own flames, finding what he was looking for "I'll just leave you alone then"

'My mark is present, I'll be able to stop anything that I don't like'

"Thanks Muku!"

*

He was missing something, Byakuran was sure of it! He'd been hoping that staying at Shoichi's house would help him to remember or realize what was bothering him. It didn't. Sure playing board games with Shoichi had been fun- it still was! They'd even made up one called Choice together. It was a unique and complex game that was never the same. The redhead's stomach problems had even seemed to ease a bit after Shoichi had gotten some special prescribed meds to help.

'My ring is dull, or has it always been so faded? It's old so it would make sense... Maybe I messed up and forgot important care instructions for it'

It was an easy conclusion to come to, it made a lot of sense. Old jewellery probably needed special care in order for them to continue to look nice. An easy conclusion yes, one that felt correct? No. The mare ring hadn't been passed down through his own family tree, so he didn't know too much about it. If he had, he didn't anymore, other than the fact that it was a catalyst for his flames.

'I know that I'm in the right city, and that I had something important to do'

Byakuran was careful not to show his growing frustrations around his new friend. Especially when he remembered there being glowing eyes, ones that he couldn't remember the colour of. Shoichi was innocent and had been doing his best to appease him, so taking his frustrations out on his nervous friend would be wrong. The white haired teen popped a fluffy marshmallow into his mouth. At least the food was good. It helped to lighten up his mood.

*

Tsuna couldn't help but smile as he snuggled against his brother, arms wrapped around the other to stop him from escaping. Said brother was still asleep, Tsuna didn't want to wake him up yet. Ie might get embarrassed and cut their cuddling short! So the sky just allowed himself to enjoy the contact for as long as he could. Hopefully the other wouldn't mind that he'd accidentally gotten blood on him while they were sleeping. Drooling was something new for the sky, but having it tinged with blood made it a lot more gross and harder to hide. Hopefully he didn't snore as well.

He knew that Reborn was also awake, so he was glad that the hitman was refraining from waking Ie up. Unfortunately, Tsuna knew that he couldn't stay cuddling with Ie for much longer. There was a familiar itch in his throat, telling him that he was going to cough up a lot of blood soon. Waking up to that wouldn't be pleasant. So Tsuna reluctantly left the bed, immediately missing his brother's warmth. If he was quiet, maybe he could sneak back into bed afterwards without waking Ie up.

"Wake up Ie" The sky deflated a bit as Reborn hopped onto the bed with enough force to rouse it's occupant.

Ie startled awake, eyes wide before he recognized his surroundings "Oh, it's morning"

'I slept really well'

"Sleeping in will ruin your sleep schedule" Reborn scolded Ie as Tsuna went off into the washroom, as if he hadn't let the other sleep in up until now.

"Time zones..." Ie halfheartedly complained, it wasn't his fault that he slept in "It's already messed up Reborn"

'At least I'm not too tired, I'll be able to function'

The hitman smirked "When Tsuna's done, go clean yourself up, I want to see what you've managed to learn"

Me: So stuff is happening...

Comment? ^-^