107. Frustration, Prank, Unease

1031 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written January 4 2021
Posted January 6 2021

NEXT UPDATE will be on January 20 2021

Much to Tsuna's impatience, Reborn did in fact stop the young sky from trying to fly. Instead, the following days ended up being filled with nothing but school and him practising his flame output. The continued failure to meet the hitman's expectations resulted in a cranky and irritable Tsuna. Tsuna didn't like failing, not when it came to things that he actually cared about.

Reborn clicked his tongue as he watched Tsuna go up in flames, the current endeavour was for his sky to create a weak yet compact flame shield "Too much power" He scolded, despite knowing that the other was doing his best. His sky was great at strong compact shields, but it became a mess whenever he tried to lower the flame output.

'I can't let his overabundance of flames be used as an excuse'

One day Tsuna wouldn't have the sky pacifier to both amplify and steal his flames. His natural flame production would normalize itself to his body so he would no longer have a seemingly never ending source of flames to pull from. Or at least that was what Reborn was seriously hoping to happen, he refused to accept the thought of the teen's death as an option. So with that goal in mind, he needed to make sure that Tsuna was capable of not consuming an ungodly amount of flames.

'Thinking of his future is better than letting him get away with free passes now'

"I know" Tsuna bit his lip, sweat lining his brow as a small orange flame glowed fiercely on the tip of his finger. While he'd gotten it to become small, it still held the same amount of flames as an outburst did. He was trembling from the strain, but refused to let the flame explode outwards. Now that he thought about it, it was pathetic that he could only use strong flames. That was like not knowing how to measure a punch or kick. It was frustrating. He should be better than this.

The hitman took note of how Tsuna's teeth had cut into his lip, the sky had stopped filing his fangs shortly after his brother had left. When he'd asked, Tsuna had given him a sad look, telling him that Fon wouldn't knock Ie out to file down his teeth, though he would sneak blood into the other's meal.

"Try putting up a better lid over your flames" Reborn suggested.

'At least he hasn't given up like Dino would have... I wonder if I should introduce them soon'

Tsuna shot Reborn a disgruntled look "That's what I've been doing" He half snapped before deflating "Sorry" His flame went wild in his distraction, eliciting a few curses from the sky as he struggled to make it smaller once more.

*

It had been a good while since Ie had come to the snowy village, yet he still didn't understand what he was supposed to be learning here. The children had somehow grown attached to him for some reason, making it so that he was rarely alone. When he'd tried to tell them to leave him alone, it had ended up with the children crying. So he caved, uncomfortable with being the one to make children cry. That was too similar to causing someone harm, or at least it was in his opinion.

'I want to say that the lesson is one of patience, but it still seems too easy. It would be too obvious...'

Ie let out a sigh, ignoring the child who was clinging to his back in favour of cleaning up some paintbrushes before they dried with the paint still on "Why isn't this working?" He huffed, scrubbing through the bristles furiously.

"... I wonder why the classroom had oil paint" Fon stated, a calm smile already on his lips. That may be of his own doing, but it wouldn't cause that much harm.

'I can't believe this...'

The teen froze "Oil paint?" No wonder cleaning the kids had been so hard! He'd actually had to give up in order for their parents to pick them up. He tossed the brushes into the sink "This soap isn't strong enough, where's stronger soap?" The soap was mild since it was to be used around young children. It was less dangerous if consumed this way.

Fon smirked, pointing to a high cupboard "It's in there" He'd notified the parents about the prank beforehand to prevent any possible complaints.

Ie scowled, eyeing Fon suspiciously "Normal paint is bad enough, you didn't have to switch it out" He had no proof, but he just knew that Fon had done this to mess with him. The storm arcobaleno was almost as mischievous as Reborn sometimes, the guy was just more subtle about it.

'I think I hate paint now, i never cared for it before, but now I really don't like it'

*

"Oh these sweets are so good!" Byakuran grinned happily as he ripped open his fifth bag of marshmallows. He'd never had this specific brand before, but it might just be his new favourite.

Shoichi offered an uneasy smile "I'm glad that you're enjoying them, I have plenty more in the cupboards" He was going to have to apologize to his sister later for raiding her sweet stash, it was for a good cause though. Byakuran had summoned magical fire a few times to roast a few of the fluffy treats.

'This guy could know how to use that power in more dangerous ways, more accurately, to fry me if he gets mad'

Byakuran's laid back and childish act was making him nervous, it made the white haired teen feel dangerous, like he was hiding something more dark.

The intruder hummed happily in response, holding out the bag to offer Shoichi a few of the treats "I think that I want to be your friend"

'Is he seriously offering me the food I gave him?'

"Oh?" Shoichi couldn't help but grimace "But I'm just a boring person, I'm sure that you'd have more fun with someone else" Byakuran was scary, he didn't want to hang out with him. Though he also didn't want to anger him.

Byakuran smirked, resting his chin on his hand as he eyed the redhead "Nah, I'm sure that you'll be a lot of fun to hang out with"

Shoichi's stomach really hurt.

Me: I really despise oil paint, I hate messy things so that and glitter are horrible >^<

Hope you enjoyed~