117. Like This?

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own KHR~

Written May 25 2021
Posted May 26 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on June 9 2021

A few days after Tsuna had snuck up on Hayato, had the two and Takeshi hanging out in the woods after school. The sky had skipped school that day so he'd approached them at the gates. Tsuna bit his lip, now that they'd arrived, he wasn't sure what they were going to do. He hadn't really thought this through had he?

"Are you okay with missing so much school Tsuna?" Takeshi inquired with a grin "Just because Hibari won't go after you, doesn't mean that you won't be held back"

'Haya-chan was right, Tsuna really is awkward... Even if he didn't use those words'

Tsuna blinked "I'll edit the records enough to allow me to move up" It's what he's always done, the teachers never questioned it because they had Kyoya to go after people. If the skylark didn't go after someone, then there must not be anything wrong, the way the teachers thought was very useful in that aspect.

Hayato spluttered, hands waving around "But Tsuna-sa" He cut himself off "But Tsuna, a good education is vital!" Being smart kept people alive, he wasn't saying that Tsuna was dumb, not at all. Tsuna was very smart, wise beyond his age! "It will help keep your future options open"

"But I thought Tsuna was going to lead the mafia" Takeshi tilted his head in confusion, looking at the bomber "You went on and on about it, everyone knows that Tsuna will be mafia one day"

'It's fun to play along and not acknowledge it like everyone else!'

The bomber paled, he had yelled about it a lot at the start hadn't he? "Not everyone!" He glanced nervously at his sky "The police would have gone after us if they knew" The police and mafia didn't mix.

"... Do you really think that the police would actually go after me?" Tsuna gave Hayato a deadpan look "I have Kyoya and Mukuro and they know it" Like the rest of Namimori, the police feigned ignorance when it came to things related to him.

Takeshi let out an impressed whistle at Hayato's shocked expression "He really didn't notice"

'Wasn't he born in the mafia?'

*

"Impossible!" Hayato stuttered "Even with how amazing Tsuna is, the police wouldn't just let him go if they knew about his mafia connections"

'Isn't the baseball freak supposed to be more oblivious?!'

Honey briefly flashed orange for a second "Don't worry Hayato, I underestimated Takeshi as well it seems" The rain had been speaking the truth, he just hadn't thought that said rain had actually known that much. Tsuna eyed Takeshi curiously "Why are you being open about knowing?" Couldn't he have been open at the start?

Takeshi grinned, scratching his cheek "Well it seemed like something important has changed, but I don't know what"

Tsuna nodded "I refuse to be mafia, so I'm cutting loose as soon as it's smart to" After Checkerface is caught and his cure is removed.

"Oh... Does that mean I won't learn how to use cool flames?" Takeshi inquired. His dad had told him about them, and he'd been super excited to learn how to use rain flames! Tsuna's had looked cool, so having his own would have been awesome.

Hayato, who'd been stunned into silence finally spoke up "What the hell?! That's what you're more concerned about?!" The nerve! Tsuna was sharing something important with him!

'How could rain flames be his main priority here?!'

Honey softened, a small smile tugging at his lips "I could try to teach you" He gave a small grimace "I'm kinda having a bit of trouble with my own though"

Takeshi perked up "Really?" Since Tsuna wasn't going to be part of the mafia, he wouldn't need to learn much about it. Score! More time to learn how to make rain flames.

"Tsuna, is there any way that I could help you to improve?" Hayato asked, eager to help his sky.

'I can't believe that Tsuna is having difficulties... His flames are so strong'

The rain's eyes gleamed "How could you help? You don't know how to use flames at all" He couldn't resist the opportunity to tease the other.

Hayato scowled, Takeshi was right. He didn't know how to use flames either "Well maybe I could offer up some ideas" He huffed, arms crossing over his chest

'I'm great with making plans, I could help Tsuna just fine!'

Tsuna smiled, the last time he'd taken a friend's advice hadn't gone so well "I'm having trouble restraining my flames, I use way too much" There was no harm in telling them, they were friends, or at least they were going to be friends. He sighed, holding out his left hand to reveal a small flame, the flame promptly fluctuated before sputtering out in an implosion "My small flames are actually big ones in disguise" If only Ie was here... His brother was better with his flames than he was.

The bomber's eyes sparkled with awe "Your flame is so beautiful up close" He'd never seen such pure flames before.

'I'm so lucky to be one of Tsuna's elements!'

"Hmmm..." Takeshi hummed, eyeing where the flame had once been "Like this?" He held out his hand and blue flames covered it.

The sky's jaw dropped in shock "No fair..." Why were those around him better at using their flames than him? "How?!" Hayato seemed to share his sentiments, though he also looked very close to blowing up with how much he was twitching.

'What the hell?! How dare he just one-up Tsuna!'

Takeshi grinned, raising his arms "I just went woosh! And pow! Then I got flames too!" He explained.

Orange glinted "I see..." He didn't understand at all! "Can you explain differently?"

"More like give an actual explanation baseball freak!" Hayato growled. Now he needed to hurry up and learn how to wield flames!

'I don't care about not being mafia, I just can't let myself get beat by that guy!'

"Huh?" Takeshi eyed the two with confusion "But I did explain it properly"

Tsuna lowered his head with a sigh, feeling frustrated that flames had come so easily to the other "Calling flames is different than actually controlling them Hayato" He could call his flames easily, but just couldn't control them as well as he wanted to.

Me: So Hayato is having a bad day... And Tsuna, well Takeshi did some damage to his pride~

So Takeshi has been thinking I'm the background~ The other characters just underestimate d him

Comment? ^-^