Home [End]

Cue song

⚠️ WARNING  the contents of this chapter are very dark. Reader discretion advised.

||

Nightfall soon came and the moon was high in the sky. I breathed out a small cloud of cold air, glancing down at my phone in hand. I had arrived at the benches pretty early.  I wore nothing but a simple oversized black shirt and pajama shorts.

"Could he have been at least more specific, I don't even know what time tonight even is..." I muttered in annoyance but couldn't help the pounding in my heart at the thought of speaking with my darling. Memories of the last time we spoke kept resurfacing in my mind.

"Let me go."

Maybe...I was to harsh. I thought but quickly shook my head. No. It's what he deserves.

"It's what I deserve." I mumbled, my eyes cast down not aware of said blonde approaching me. It was then I noticed his presence, that I stiffened as he gazed at me silently.

"You came." He spoke as I silently nodded.

Bakugou walked closer and took a seat on the bench next to me. The tension between us was thick as I waited for him to tell me why he wanted to meet.

"I've been thinking, a lot about what you said and you're right."

My eyes widened at the males words and I turned my head to look at him in confusion.
"After that night...my fight with Deku and then what happened with you...I realized that the way I've acted isn't okay...the way I treated you wasn't okay...and I'm not gonna sit here and make bullshit excuses for it. I need to change..."

My eyes began to moisture at his words and I couldn't bare to continue looking at him any longer. Why is he telling me this.

I now saw why it felt like I hadn't gotten closure with him. Because despite telling him to let go...some part of me didn't want him to. Truth is...some part of me didn't want to let go. Some part of me felt like I had to get his approval, his permission. And I hated that.

"People say you don't know what you got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you'd lose it." Bakugou's eyes faltered as he thought about all the moments he had with Fumetsu.

"I'm so glad your home..."

"I was arrogant to think I could treat you the way I did and expect you to come back each time."

I finally snapped,"Why are you telling me this now?! I've already said what I had to say—"

"But I didn't." He cut me off and my eyes widened as he stood up abruptly, his back facing me.

"I won't apologize for the way I treated you because nothing I say can make up for that. You deserve someone better, better than who I am now...That's why..." Bakugou suddenly turned half way, his gaze genuine, eyes filled with regret and determination.

"I'm gonna change. Not only for you but for myself."

"Why..." Bakugou watched as a lone tear dropped from her face.

"Because you were right..." Fumetsu froze at the males next words.

"I do love you. "

"That's why you're my darling...and deep down I know you love me too...but it's not good for me, because you just loved how much I loved you."