Sports festival : Obstacle race [20]

||

"Nene this should be fun." I muse.

"I can't wait to show off my quirk!" Kirishima grins matching my excitement as I nodded my head in agreement.

"I'm wiping the floor with the both of you!" Bakugou states with a jutted out lip as a dreamy sigh escapes my lips.

"I look forward to it Darling~"

He scrunches his face in disgust as Kirishima sweat drops at my antics.

"Is everyone ready?" Iida shouts from the door. "We will be entering soon!" He announces causing the people around us to whisper.

"Midoriya." I shift my head to the voice revealing Shoto walking up to Izuku with his left hand in his pocket. His face serious.
"Todoroki-san, what is it?" Izuku answers.
"Objectively speaking, I think I'm stronger then you."

"H-huh yeah..."Izuku stutters timidly. "But...All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Shoto asks causing me to tense. Izuku certainly didn't mask his nervousness  as he gasped in surprise. "You're only making it obvious..." I mumble unaware of a certain ash blonde narrowing his eyes at my words.

"Now I'm not trying to pry but, I will defeat you."

Kaminari looked over, "Ooh! A declaration of war from one of the strongest students in the class."

"Hey, hey, hey? Now is not the time to pick a fight when we're about to start."

Shoto shoves Kirishima's hands off causing the latter to frown. "We're not here to play at being friends so what does it matter."

I purse my lips at the statement silently thought. And to think me and human were acquainted.

"Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course you're better then me." Izuku responds.

"Midoriya, you shouldn't speak so negatively..." Kirishima started but Izuku continued.
"But everyone...the students from the other courses, are aiming for the top with everything they've got! I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too!" Izuku declares. His face full of determination.

"It's time for the students to enter the first stage!" Present mic announces.

We all walk out to the roaring crowd and I was up front standing next to Izuku. The sun shone bright on us.

"Welcome back to the U.A sports festival! Where up and coming hero's leave everything on the Fields's a chance to become a world wide famous celebrity! This first group of strangers to the spot light, you know them from the recent villain attack, the dazzling students from class 1-A!"

My eyes scan the cheering crowd, landing on one of the narrators. His lazy orbs peered back at me and I smiled devilishly fiddling with my scarf as he gave me a small thumbs up. Don't kill anyone.

"T-there are so many people." Izuku stutters.

"Will we be able to give our best performance being watched by so many people? This is just another aspect of being a hero we'll all have to get used to." Iida says thoughtfully.