Not bad [19]

||

Me and Bakugou walked past the gates in silence. From his lip jutting out, I could tell he was angered or irritated at something.

"Are you angry?" I asked hesitantly causing his crimson eyes to dart towards me, their rage seeming to intensify. I gulped in response to his harsh gaze, my shoulders shrinking.

"The hell do you think." His brief response was hardly what I expected, but he seemed satisfied with it, promptly returning to his silent brooding. As usual I had managed to make the blonde mad, even when I wasn't harassing him with affection. It seemed anything I did pissed him off lately. I had no clue why he was angry with me this time.

"Gomen."

He stopped, a confused expression on face as I averted my eyes, bringing my hand up to adjust my scarf. "You're sorry?" He questioned, his surprise morphing into anger. "You actually almost died and you're sorry." He scoffed, shaking his head. His temper was barely under control as I tucked my head down, to hide the bottom half of my face with pursed lips like a child being patronized for drawing on the wall.
It never fully registered that I did in fact almost get killed. I wasn't to sure what would have happened if my head was severed from my shoulders while my quirk wasn't acting. My healing and regeneration went but only so far and I certainly never wanted to test that theory. Guess I'm not as immortal as I thought. Even if I couldn't feel the pain, I was now aware that I could die. Sure it took a lot to kill me, but I could still die nonetheless.

"You've never cared before..." I mumbled. I could remember very clearly the many times the blonde had wished death on me. You'd think that my head getting chopped of would be an answer to his prayers. I felt his eyes bore into the side of my held and I reluctantly looked up to meet them. Infuriated was the only way I could describe him in that moment. His palms were balled tightly into fists and it's a wonder his jaw didn't snap from clenching it so hard.

I stiffen as his hands shoot out and he roughly grabs me by the collar of my uniform. Surprise and confusion battled in my hues as he glared daggers into my soul.

"The only one who's allowed to kill you is me!" He growls. I inhale sharply at his words, his grip tightening on my collar. "So till then don't you ever give up like that and die!"

A perplexed look takes over my face as he roughly let's me go and turns away, shoving his hands in his pants as he stomped off.

"..."

This time I didn't even bother catching up with him, as my facial features turn blank and I walk off. My feet carried me to a train station. Walking through the doors of the train, I walk to the back taking a seat in vacant spot next to the window. Thoughts muddled and all over the place, my head unconsciously tilted to rest on the glass of the window, eyes gazing out as the city passed. For once, I didn't want to go home. Everything was confusing me from the villain leader, to my classmates and darlings strange behavior. To top it all off, I've been having the same damn reoccurring dream.
All I could ever hear was the sound of water dripping from the faucet. That annoying sound.

Eventually, the train arrived in Musutafus city district. I walked among the sea of people, my vacant orbs scanning for a specific building. Eyes landing on that building, I walk past  a hospital. I nearly bump into someone but pay them no attention muttering a brief, "gomen."

It didn't take long for me to reach the building as I took the elevator all the way to the roof.
The wind blew my hair gently, as I walked out out, legs automatically carrying me to the ledge where a nimble crane of sorts was placed. This was the place I often came to when I needed to think. Stretching my arms out, I hop up and walk along the crane uncaring of the height. I walked calmly to the end of the crane and stopped, eyes looking below.