Self reflection [70]

The weekend was finally over and things were rather different. I had decided to stay over Eraser heads house last night. The reason why, well, I had no clue. All I knew was, staying in the same vicinity as Bakugou unsettled me and that scared me because he was my darling. Despite my indifference to Kirishimas words, they had stuck with me the entire night and only seemed to consume my entire mind whenever I looked at Bakugou.

"Hana what are you doing here—you're supposed to be—" Aizawa froze as the pinkettes eyes were shadowed by her bangs.

"Gomen, I just...didn't wanna be alone ya know?"

Aizawa frowned and stepped aside letting the teen come in. "What happened Hana...?"

The girl frowned slightly as she trotted into the former home that her and her guardian had shared. Sitting in the couch, she rested her chin on the back of their sofa. "Do you think...I am worth something?"

Aizawa tiredly rubbed his eyes and took a seat next to the girl, crossing his arms with a heavy sigh. "I've taken care of you since you were a little demon running amuck through this house, what do you think?"

Fumetsu's lips quirked up slightly as her remaining childhood days spent with Eraser resurfaced. "That you're a fool for letting the devil in."

Aizawa peeked an eye open sternly, " We've been through this Hana..."

The horned girl sighed, "I suppose."

Aizawa studied the girl from the corner of his eyes, "Someone said something didn't they?" Upon seeing the girl sulk slightly, Aizawa shut his eyes in annoyance. "What have I told you about listening to negativity." Fumetsu seemed to sulk more, revealing a rather vulnerable side that many of her classmates didn't think she had. When Fumetsu was younger, anywhere she went; she received scrutiny. It didn't do her confidence any better as Fumetsu often tried to please others in hopes of being more 'human'. However, that ended in her trying to cut off her own horns in hopes of fitting in. What many didn't know was that despite her flamboyant energy, Fumetsu was a very insecure girl and took things severely more to heart than she let on.

"Ne...do you think Darling thinks I'm worth something?"

Aizawa's lips stretched into a thin line upon hearing the girl refer to Bakugou as Darling. From what he saw in class, Bakugou and Fumetsu had a rather odd relationship. Despite his rather crude attitude toward Fumetsu, Aizawa knew all to well that he had a soft spot for her. Still he knew it didn't excuse the ash blondes behavior towards her. But any input Aizawa had on Bakugou went over her head. The only thing he wondered was who and what did it take for her to analyze Bakugous treatment of her.

"In truth, no."

Fumetsu's eyes faltered slightly as her mind was conflicted on a certain ash blonde.

"You think that by letting him treat you the way he does, that it's love but it's not." Ever since that little fight Fumetsu had gotten into with Bakugou when they were younger, she's always been fixated on him.  Whether it was on what he thought of her or that he was the answer to her achieving "humanity."  Aizawa had been knew her and Bakugous relationship was toxic but there was nothing he said that would deter her from Bakugou. Anytime he tried to exert any type of authority over her, it ended up in her insisting he punished her. And if he didn't, she didn't take anything he said seriously and ignored him.