Curtains [39]

Long chappy -this is dedicated to one of you. Idk who you are but you'll know when you get to the bottom of why this chapter is called curtains.

|next day|

"Greetings, for I am here!"

All Might said with his hands on his hips, the entire class standing in front of a large urban training area with pipes. I looked around curiously at the maze like arena, wondering what we'll be doing, purposely avoiding Aizawa's dark haze digging into my skull. Last night I hadn't came back to the apartment after I ditched Kirishima. I spent the night sleeping on top of my oh so favorite building. Sure it was unpleasant, but anything beats coming back to lies.

I knew eventually I had to come to terms with what Aizawa told me the other day but I'm sure you can already guess I have a hard time grasping things. And if you add on that my caretakers original mission was to kill me left a nagging feeling in my stomach. And I didn't like it one bit. So I'd do what I always did. I ignore it.

"I hope you're ready to get back to your basic hero training, it's been a while! Now then listen carefully for what's in store. We're gonna be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learned in your internship and implement it into this rescue practice!" All Might raised his hand, pointing his finger up.

Iida's hand shot up immediately, "If this is rescue training, shouldn't this activity take place in the USJ?"

"No, that place is for disasters. As I said earlier this is a race, so you're about to step into field Gamma! Where narrow lanes and packed spaces make this construction site seem more like a complex labyrinth. You'll be competing in groups of five with the exception of one team due to the odd number of students!"

Pushing my inner thoughts into a dark corner, I perk up slightly balls excitement at the thought of competition, a devilish expression on my face. I can't wait to-
"I know what you're thinking fumetsu, don't even think about trying anything."Instantly, my eye twitches in annoyance at Aizawa's order. Who is he to tell me what to do? I couldn't help the hidden smirk that crept up on my face. Fine...if I can't try anything.

"When I've given the distress signal somewhere in the arena, you'll start simultaneously from out of bounds! This is a competition to see who can come to my aid an- Blahblahblah" The enthusiasm I had for this activity slowly dissipated as All Might went on and on and on.

"Starting group, take your positions!" Aizawa commands

"Huh?" I blinked in confusion as I glanced at the others taking place on either side of me. Izuku, Ojiro, Iida, Mina, and  Sero were my opponents. We're about to start? Reaching up to take hold of my scarf, I loosen it from my neck.

"Iida hasn't made a full recovery yet, he should sit this one out..."

"Everyone in this group has really good mobility."

"If you ask me I'd say Midoriya has a heavy disadvantage against those five." Momo commented from the spectator area.

Jiro hummed in agreement sitting next to her, "Yeah, moving around quickly isn't exactly his strong suit. And whenever he uses his power he always gets badly injured."

"I say Sero will take first place." Kirishima betted, his finger raised.

Kaminari sat on the ground with the red haired boy, " I got odds on Ojiro."

"I say Ashido, cause she's got a super athletic body." Mineta pointed at the pink skinned girl through the screen.

"I know Deku will be last," Bakugou growled sourly.