How I met the Hero Killer[34]

Start from the beginning

Continuing to massage my temple, I sauntered out of the small room. Letting my feet guide me, I eventually stumbled upon a medium sized cafeteria of sorts. As I expected the place was empty but there was still small wrapped snacks up front that you could grab.  Not wasting any time, I snatch 2 plastic wrapped chocolate cookies, an apple, and  nice cold bottle of water. Shoving the cookies in the pockets of my sweats, I'm unaware of a  dual haired male walking into the vicinity.

Taking a seat at one of the small tables, setting my feet on the other chair; I press the bottle to my forehead with a sigh. "How annoying." I grumbled. Losing a limb, no problem. Getting impaled, piece of cake. But to think out of every  thing that can hurt me; mere headaches and other silly sicknesses can affect me.

"What are you doing up?" A tired voice spoke up making me smirk lightly as I cleaned my head to look at the male. "Could be asking you the same thing Frosted Flakes? You here for a midnight snack?" I inquire, wiggling my brows as I not so subtly checked out his muscles through his turtle neck-wait turtle neck.

"Who the hell wears a turtle neck to sleep?" I squint my eyes as the male raised his brow glancing down at his black turtle neck shirt and sweatpants.

"It's comfortable..." He mumbled as if offended by my question and I snicker shaking my head.
"Still doesn't answer the question as to why you're up?" I prod pressing the bottle to my forehead again. "Couldn't sleep." He grumbles passively as I don't spare a glance to him taking  a seat in the chair beside me, his arms crossed, closing his eyes.

I hum in response, closing my eyes as I relished in the coolness of the water bottle. "Is something wrong? It's 2 am." He suddenly asked causing me to peek an eye open to see him checking his phone. "Just a headache." 

"May I?" I raise a brow in confusion as he raised his hand and ushered me closer. Setting my water bottle on the table, I turn slightly resting my elbows on my knees, biting into my apple. "What-" I paused mid-talk as he stretched his hand out, placing it on my forehead. I blinked as an unnatural coolness washed over the pounding headache. "This should help." He mutters stoically as I peered up at him in shock at his actions. After a few moments, I relax and lean more into the blissful cold emanating from his hand.

"Why are you so sweet on me Clarence ?" I laugh lightly. If I thought my Darlings behavior toward me was amusing, this humans behavior sure did take the cake. It was different then anything I'd expect so it left even me stunned at how to respond half the time.

"I don't know and I don't know who Clarence is." He replies, his eyes lidding open. "Would it kill you to watch a movie or read a book?" I sigh rolling my eyes as He didn't seem to understand the 'Wonderful life' reference.

"A movie no, but a quirk encyclopedia regarding the manifestation of quirks over time -"

"You know, you're much cuter when you're shutting up." The male casts me an annoyed look causing me to grin devilishly at his silence.

After a few seconds, My eyes catch sight of his conflicted expression as if he wanted to ask me a question. "Don't strain yourself." I tease as he sighs lightly. "Seeing as I did you a favor, are you willing to tell me how you know the hero killer?"

"Ahh there's the million dollar question I've been waiting for!" I hum with a Cheshire grin.
Turning my head,  my grin slowly falls off my face.

"He wasn't always that bad ya know. Sure he did bad things but he wasn't going around killing random people." I sigh.

/6 years ago/