Another Hundred People

Start from the beginning

"Heavenly Father.. thank you for returning me home safe to Connor.. and for the ability to have this meal tonight.. please take care of him. The man who crashed tonight.. I'd address him by name if I knew.. but please bring him and his family peace.. give them comfort and love.. take care of them. I pray for this in the name of Jesus Christ.. amen."

"Amen."

"That feels a little better.."

"Good. You'll feel much better if you eat... let- let's try to talk about something else."

"Yeah.. thats a good idea.."

"How was work today?"

"It was alright.. the guys seem to have forgotten about me.. the ones that are still there. Or they're just pretending.. either way, they're not calling me a 'cocksucking mary' so I'll take it."

"I hate them.. I hate them so much."

"They're stupid. They're just ignorant jackasses, they don't know any better."

"Do you want me to beat them up for you?" I asked, making him chuckle

"Yeah.. you're the perfect person to beat someone up. Skinny boy with an iron deficiency that was in a coma a few months ago"

"I know, i-it's perfect."

Kevin smiled slightly, trying to get into a better headspace.

"I'm glad I came home today.. I'm lucky it wasn't me. And I'm so lucky to come home to you.."

"I'm lucky to be the one you.. come home to."

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me, you know that?" He smiled softly

"You're mine.."

"You know, things like this just make me... realize how lucky I am. To be here with you every day.. with my beautiful husband.."

"I love you so much.."

He set down his plate, long enough for a kiss.

"You look very handsome today.. I like that tie on you.."

"You like all of my ties." He smirked

"Yes, but I especially love t-this one. Brings out your eyes.. as if they weren't pretty killer, anyways.."

"You know, I've grown to like my eyes.. I used to think they were plain, but, the way you describe them to me. I can't continue to be upset with them.. you treat them like the holy grail of eye colors."

"That's because I covet them.. I'd kill for your eyes, mine are too bright."

"They're beautiful!! The green with those specks of blue.. God, it's like a masterpiece."

"Sweetheart.."

"Let me compliment you, it makes me feel better.."

"Oh, fine.."

"I'll try not to be cliche, I promise.."

He gave me a soft smile, setting his plate on the coffee table and taking my hand.

"I like your hands.." he hummed softly, touching upon the first feature that came to mind "they're nice. I don't know how to describe why they're so nice, but they really are.. they're slim and they're long and they're very nice hands.. I like them a lot, and I really like them with that ring on em. I know it's just a little band, but it's beautiful.. and I love to look at it... you married me." He smiled slightly

"I like the ring too.. and I-I love the ones we bought each other.. do you still.. do you still have yours?"

"I never take it off" he pulled out the cord necklace from under his shirt, proudly displaying the ring on it.