Falling down

"..What?"

"M-My grandfather... he passed away....." I repeated, blank-faced, and stunned

"Oh my god... Oh god, Baby, I'm so sorry.."

He sat up, pulling me into his arms

My eyes stung from holding back tears.

My grandfather was one of the only people who ever loved me. The few people who ever showed me any care. The few people that kept me here.

"Oh god..." I whispered to myself

"A-Are you okay...?"

"I didn't get to say goodbye... I-I'll never get to say goodbye.."

"Do you know what happened...?"

"H-He had a stroke.. in his sleep.. a-and they didn't find him.. until two days later..." I began sobbing heavily, Kevin pulling me into his arms. I completely sunk in his arms, slumping over, burying my head in his chest.

"Shhh... Hey, it's okay.."

"H-He's gone... I didn't get to say goodbye o-or tell him I loved him, or... anything!"

"He knows you love him, Honey.."

"I should've been there..."

"There was no way you could've known."

"I should have! H-He's not gone, he can't be gone! He's not gone, he's not!"

"Connor..."

I pushed him away, standing up

"He's not gone...!"

"Sweetheart, you need to calm down.." He stood up, walking over to me, carefully, not wanting to overwhelm me

"Connor.. sit down, please....."

"Don't you get it!? My grandfather is the only other person left who cared about me! He's the only person in my family that ever showed me love! ..He can't be gone, Kevin, I can't handle it!"

"You can handle this.. just sit down..." He said, sitting me down on the bed, kneeling down before me, his hand on my knee "Connor... you're a strong boy. I know you can-"

"I can't. I-I need to see him again I need to be with him, I can't handle this!" I shot back up, pacing around the room

"Connor don't do anything rash.."

"Just- I have nothing going for me anyway! Do I? Think about everything that's happened to me, It's going to drive me crazy one day, I'm bound to snap! I wanna go before that happens! I-I'm going downhill fast, anyway! ...Kevin, every part of me is telling me I need to be with him!"

He grabbed his keys off the counter.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm taking you to the hospital."

"No-"

"You're gonna hurt yourself if I don't take you."

"I-I don't want to go to the hospital.."

"I don't either. But I'm not just gonna sit here and watch you contemplate killing yourself... We're going."

"Please don't make me!"

"Sunshine, you are absolutely everything to me. I'm not going to let you hurt yourself."

"I-I promise I won't, just please don't make me go.."

"Connor... I trust you with my life. But I don't trust you with yours. I'm doing this to keep you alive."

"I-I'm not sure I want to be alive...! Kevin, he was all I had!"