Ambulant

"It's moving day!" Kevin whispered with a smile on his face as I woke up.

"I know!" I beamed back

"Are you excited?"

"Very."

"Do you want some breakfast first?"

"No. I'm too excited to eat."

"Okay. When do you want to get a move on?" He asked, rubbing my shoulder tiredly.

"As soon as possible." I giggled

"Someone's eager."

"I am!"

"Okay, well, we'll get right on that. We're using my mom's truck, right?"

"Yeah."

"Fantastic. Neither of us has that much stuff so.. we can do this in two trips, tops."

"You think so?"

"Definitely."

"Well.. let's go!" I jumped out of bed, pulling him up with me.

"Geez!"

"Come on! This is a big day!! Get up and enjoy it as much as I am!"

He giggled, getting out of bed

"You're cute."

"Agreed. Now let's get your stuff to the apartment. I wanna live with you!"

He nodded and had me help him move his furniture down to his car, Kevin doing most of the work as he had more strength and muscle than I did. Having very few things, Kevin got all of his stuff into the truck easily and quickly. After his belongings, we moved mine. I spent a little extra time at my house, thanking my grandfather for letting me stay when I had nowhere else to go, then we were off. We began unpacking the moment we arrived, moving Kevin's bed to one room, mine into the other.

"Can my bookshelf stay in the living room?" He asked

"Yeah. It'll look nice there. Plus, I'll have a place to put my books, other than on a bedside table."

"Awesome."

"...I'm really glad we're doing this."

"Me too." Kevin smiled, setting his hands gently on my hips.

"I feel like this is going to be good for us.. I'll never have to be missing you again.. Now let's finish unpacking." I smiled, giving him a quick kiss and grabbing another box.

We put his box-shaped television in the living room, my star chart in his room, as that's the one we'd be sleeping in most of the time, the Star Deed he'd gotten me for Christmas, right next to it.

"Thank you for letting me put this in your room.." I smiled

"It's our room." He softly smiled, pulling me to his side.

"I can't believe it.. our room... our apartment.. our bed.. it's ours."

"I know.. it feels good. It feels right... Is that everything? Did we get it all"

"I think so."

"Good. I'm exhausted."

"Do you wanna lay down on your bed?"

"Our bed... I would love that."

I smiled and walked into his room, laying down on the bed, next to him. He absentmindedly ran his hand up and down my side, trying to relax me.

"... you know, I've never slept anywhere that wasn't my house. Or your house." I whispered

"Well, it's okay.. I'm right here. And there are some stars right there." He pointed to my map.