Crash And Burn

I awoke to Kevin gently grazing his fingertips over my delicate features, tracing each freckle with care.

The sun shone through the angled blinds, warm, casting shadows on my skin.

The white sheets only cast the light into Kevin's golden-brown eyes.

"Good morning..." He smiled, gently tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Good morning..."

He planted a soft kiss on my lips, running his slim fingers across my cheek.

"This is.. such a nice way to wake up." I chuckled quietly.

Not responding, he drew in just a bit closer, beginning to slowly, and sloppily, kiss my neck.

"I'm so lucky I get to wake up next to you.." He mumbled

"I love you.."

"I love you too, Sunshine."

"You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"I think.. you have the prettiest eyes.... in the whole world."

"They're only brown."

"I like them. They're pretty."

"Not as nice as yours."

"I think they're much better. I like the way they get all warm looking when the sun shines in them. And how they just have this gorgeous amber color in the sun and how dark they are other times. They're wonderful."

"You're sweet."

"..Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes?" He smiled, tucking more hair behind my ear.

"Why does it feel like... like every day, I just fell in love with you all over again?"

I curled up to him, wrapping my arms around his middle.

"It's so warm in here.." I smiled, shutting my eyes once again as my head landed on his shoulder

"Is it too warm? I could open a window."

"No.. It's cozy. I like it."

"Good." He kissed the top of my head.

We laid there for what felt like hours, in each other's arms, Kevin doting upon me the entire time.

"I never want to get out of this bed.." I sighed

"Me neither.. I'll tell you what, I'll bring you some breakfast to eat here."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, you're the best!"

"I know. I'll be right back. Keep my spot warm."

He crawled out of bed, heading into the kitchen, preparing breakfast for us.

Unsurprisingly, I fell back asleep to the light sound of dishes clanging faintly in the kitchen, waking up to Kevin getting back in bed, a smile on his face.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Breakfast's ready." He handed me a plate

"Thank you!" I yawned

"You're welcome" He grinned, digging in.

"You're a real sweetie for making breakfast"

"Why, thank you." He grinned.

I finished half of my breakfast. Now that I was a normal weight, I had nothing to set a goal for. I didn't need to eat much anymore. Which was good, as I'm not a big eater. I have never been. I don't like eating, i don't like forcing my stomach to take in more than is comfortable. Unfortunately, what's comfortable, isn't quite up to par with how much I need. But hey, I've gained the weight, I don't need to force it anymore. Right? Besides, it's not like I want to go over too far, by keeping it up.