Fools

I haven't been out with Kevin's friends in a long time. But Kevin insisted I come with him this time.
It was a little uncomfortable. I'm not great with people. Especially in large quantities. 

But his friends were very kind. I felt like one of the guys when I was with them. Like I finally had friends.
They made me feel included. I even got to have a full conversation with two of them. Kevin wasn't even there. He'd check up on me every now and again, but I was getting by without him. I was proud of myself, honestly. I've always had trouble in social settings. Kevin was kind of my security blanket. But I was okay. They liked me. Kevin brought me drinks throughout the night, but I stopped after one wine, as I had driven us here. After that, he'd bring me glasses of ginger ale and water. I wouldn't even ask, he just likes to bring me drinks. He likes doing things for me. He likes to get me things. 

"Connor!!" Kevin exclaimed, as he walked over with a glass of water

"Oh- thank you, baby!!"

"Sure" he grinned, wrapping me in a loose, but warm hug "what're you all talking about here?"

"Oh, uh, We we're talking about the move back.."

"Ah.. that was embarrassing.." Kevin sighed

"Don't be embarrassed, man. What they did sucked. That was wrong. You've got nothing to be embarrassed for." Rob consoled

"Well.. maybe. It was embarrassing to be there with everyone saying that stuff.."

"Kevvy, they're awful people. You shouldn't feel bad about yourself because those shitty guys acted like animals." I chimed in

"..maybe."

"Anyway.. it was a difficult move, but it was best. And we're happy here. God knows how much Kevin missed you guys.."

"That's true. I am.. very glad we're back.." he smiled

"We're all glad you're here too! You're a good guy. It's good to have you."

"Awh, thank you, robby!!!" Kevin grinned, walking over and giving him this giant bear hug.

"Oh- you're welcome, man.."

"..Kev, are you feeling alright?" I asked

"Yeah, I'm feeling great!"

"How much have you had to drink?"

"Not a lot!! I just wanted to hug him, he's very nice.."

"He is very nice. And I think you're a little tipsy." I chuckled

"Am not.. I'm just very happy!"

"Alright, well..don't get too much happier" I teased, as he knew I saw right through him.

"I won't. God, you're such a mom" he giggled, landing a kiss on my cheek, before heading off to the bathroom.

"Sorry.. he's had a bit to drink."

"You don't need to apologize, we already know he's always like that"

"Drunk?"

"Enthusiastic."

"He is an enthusiastic one. Just.. very grateful for everyone and everything. I love that about him.."

"He's great to be around."

"He is.. and he's just so natural with people. I'm jealous. He can talk to people he's known for ten seconds, like he's known them for ten years.."

"When my wife came into work, it was like they were old friends."

"Kevin's.. easily the friendliest man I've ever met. He didn't used to come across so, but he truly is."

"He didn't?"