Tidings

Kevin fell to my side with a heavy sigh and wide smile, which pressed to the pillow, trapping his hot breath. He immediately began combing his fingers through my slightly sweaty hair.

"You shouldn't have given me those hickeys, you know.. My grandfather's gonna see them tomorrow. And then he'll regret letting us live alone." I chuckled.

"I know, I- ...Benson's at the door." Kevin huffed, the cat meowing loudly at the locked door, scratching at it.

"I'll get it." I sighed, pulling my underwear back on, and throwing my shirt on without buttoning it, unlocking the door for him.

"Hello, my friend!" I smiled as he walked into the bedroom.

He meowed back at me, immediately making me giggle and turn back to Kevin.

"I'm the cat whisperer!"

"Whisper back to the cat."

"Who's a good little dark ruler of the Andromeda galaxy? Benson is! Benson is!"

I waited for him to meow back at me, but he didn't.

"Damn it, he won't talk to me."

"Because he's a cat, Honeybee." Kevin chuckled.

"I know, but I want him to meow at me!"

"Come back to bed." He giggled, calling me over.

I picked up the cat, carrying him over to the bed and laying back down on my side.

"Benson is the cutest cat in the world.." I smiled as he slipped his arm around my waist

"Yeah.." He tucked his chin into the grove of my shoulder, admiring the cat with me.

"Do you think he likes us?"

"I think he does."

"What if he doesn't like us..?"

"I'm sure he will"

"I want our cat to like me. I'm his dad."

"So am I. I want our kitty to like me too, but he seems to be liking us well enough. You've just gotta let him do his thing, settle in."

"Yeah..."

His hand swept my chest, moving back down to rub my stomach.

"Can I take another picture of you?"

"Sure. Me and the cat?"

"No. Just you this time."

"Why? I'm nothing special."

"I disagree. And while I'd love to stay and argue that you're quite special, I want to get to my photo."

"Okay." I giggled

He sat up, smiling, and grabbed his camera from the desk.

"Should I sit up?"

"No. Just stay where you are."

"Okay."

He climbed on top of me, straddling my hips and preparing his camera.

"Should I smile?"

"Not for this one. Just.. stay exactly the way you are."

"But my hair's a mess. Can I fix it?"

"No. It looks beautiful and I want it like this for the pictures."

"Okay. I trust your judgment.. sort of."

"Don't you worry. This'll look great."

He smiled