Unselfish Love

"You look nice!" Kevin grinned, as I walked from the bathroom, into our bedroom.

"Really..?"

"Yes, really. You look lovely!"

"Thank you.. you look pretty good, yourself.."

"Well, thank you.. are you excited?"

"Incredibly."

"Good. Me too."

"Good. Um, it starts at nine, correct?"

"Yes. Meaning, we should probably leave soon. Ready?"

"Ready."

"Good"

He tightened my tie, in his usual fashion, before taking me down to the car.

"So... If we're no longer members of the church, we don't take the sacrament... right?"

"Well, you can, but, really, it's like a renewal of baptismal covenants.. but you're allowed to take it."

"And, I'm assuming we don't go to Young Men's anymore.." I chuckled

"We may be a little too old for it. Uhh, I know we have scripture study after the church service. And then we do.. something else. I don't know what. But since we're new there, people will tell us what to do."

"Alright. Good. Uhh... don't be confused or nervous if people shake your hand. A lot of people are going to shake your hand."

"Okay."

"Yeah.. and everyone's real nice, so don't be nervous."

"Okay."

We arrived in around fifteen minutes. We were ten minutes early, leaving us time to say hello to everyone that walked in, including the Missionaries in that church. They were super nice. They even went and got the president and bishop to meet us.
I thoroughly enjoyed the church service, especially the talks members gave.
At the end of the service, more people introduced themselves.

"So, are you investigators?"

"Uh, well, we were members of the church a while back, but we stopped going for a bit. We aren't members anymore, but, uh... we've both been wanting to come here again."

"Oh, I see.  Are you from here?"

"Yes! Uhm, Well, I've always lived here, but he moved here when he was seventeen. Um, he was a part of the church already, as he lived only a few towns over before."

"Oh! I'm so glad you're back!"

"Thank you! We are too!"

"Well, Sunday School is next, so if you guys want to go, I should probably let you be on your way, but it was so nice to meet you! I hope you choose to come back!"

"Thank you, it was nice to meet you too!"

We spent the next two hours at church, and I must say, it was very fun. I loved the people, and I felt more love from Heavenly Father than I have in some time. Not to say that he didn't love me as much, just that I wasn't as open to feeling it until today.

"So, did you have fun?" Kevin asked as we walked back to the car

"I did! There were so many kids! They're all so cute! And-And everyone was so sweet, and I just... I loved it, Kevin..!"

"Good. I'm glad."

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah! I really missed church! I was just afraid I wouldn't be welcome after marrying you.."