All I Want Is You

I woke up at home, ecstatic upon realizing I could finally see Kevin again.
I hopped out of bed and got dressed in the same clothes I was wearing yesterday, brushed my teeth and hair, and immediately jogged out the door, heading back to the hospital. I got there rather quickly, walking straight to Kevin's room.

"Hey, Kev!"

"Hello, Sunshine!" He greeted, smiling wider than I'd seen in quite some time. His eyes were a bit glazed from the pain medication, but he seemed present.

He looked me up and down before rolling his eyes

"Again?" He scoffed

For somebody laying in a hospital bed, he sure had an attitude

"What..?"

"Your tie... You do it wrong every time.. Come on, I'll fix it"

I giggled and walked over to him, Kevin sitting up a little with another slight hiss, untying and tying it over again for me

"That's better."

"Thank you"

"You know, you're gonna need to figure out how to do that for yourself, sooner or later.."

"Nah.. I like when you fix it for me. So, how are you feeling?"

"Better. It's easier to breathe...I think I can get out in a few days"

"Really? That's awesome!"

He reached for my hand. I quickly accepted.

"So how did surgery go?"

"Well.. I was terrified it was gonna go wrong, I was so convinced I wouldn't wake up... But it went great, apparently"

"That's fantastic, Kevin."

Perhaps it was the prayer. It's unlikely, but if it was, I've got a lot to personally thank God for.

I sat down on the edge of his bed

"How'd you sleep last night, Sunshine?"

"I slept fine. You?"

"Not bad.."

"Good.. did you see that doctor in the hall?"

He shook his head, curiously

"She has the same haircut as Jim Carrey in Dumb And Dumber"

"Really?! Oh my god.. I wish I got to see that..!" He giggled

"No, be glad you didn't. I can never wipe that godawful image from my memory."

"Stop making me laugh! It hurts to laugh" He tried to quiet his chuckles

"I'm sorry" I kept giggling, despite trying to stifle it all

"Did you eat yesterday like I asked..?" His newfound smile persisted

"I did."

"Good... Were you able to keep it down?"

"Shockingly, yes."

"Good. How's everything outside of the hospital? School? Everything?"

"School is going well, life is going well, everything is going well... It'll go better once you're out with me, though"

"Well, I'll be out very soon"

I haven't seen him this happy in weeks. He's almost always content, but he was genuinely happy today. I'm so glad he's okay. I've never been so worried about a person in my life. But I don't have to worry anymore. There is no longer any doubt in my mind that he will be okay.