A Simple Life

The room was lit by one lamp on the bedside table, leaving most of the room difficult to see. But I could see him. Which was all I needed. His hands crept up my body, giving me a sense of safety.

"Connor, I adore you..." he whispered

"I adore you too."

We kept our faces close,  just as we had the entire time leading up to this moment.

"I'm so glad I have you.. I can't believe you're mine.." i muttered

"I'm yours. All yours."

"All mine?"

"All yours, baby.."

I smiled, my hands working up his body. It didn't take long for me to grasp his hair again, tugging it, and watching his eyes flutter slightly

"You said you didn't want to do it too much..." he chuckled

"I just like watching your face..."

"Is it a good face?"

"A wonderful face. I love it. I love the face you make... And I love the sounds you make."

"Stop.." he blushed

"I wanna hear them again.."

"I'm too sleepy" he giggled, moving down, and rubbing his face against my chest

"I wore you out that much?" I let out a breathy chuckle

He nodded

"Are you alright?"

"Oh, I'm just fine... just a little tired"

"Okay. Good. Was I gentle enough?"

"Babe, you were perfect. Okay?" He assured me, leaving a kiss on my lips.

"Okay. Good. I just don't want to be too rough with you.. I love you. I don't want to hurt you."

"It's okay. I'm tough enough.." he joked

"I know. I still want to be careful. You're my angel. I don't want to hurt my angel."

"Baby. It's okay. You didn't hurt me. I'm just tired."

"Sorry, I'm just... I don't know. Sorry. Good. I love you."

"I love you too. Now come on and give me a kiss."

"It'd be my honor, sir" i chuckled, climbing in top of him, planting a kiss on his lips.

I ended up giving him several kisses. One after the other, until he broke out in tired laughter.

"Baby..." he giggled "stop it..!"

"I thought you wanted a kiss, darling" i said, smirking slightly.

"Oh, come on!"

Our laughter was interrupted by the ringing of my phone.

"Aw, heck.. I've gotta take this." I huffed

"Go ahead."

I rolled over to the other side of the bed, picking up the phone.

"Hello..?" I answered, my hand on Kevin's stomach.

"Hi, Connor. It's grandma. Grandma Merrill."

"Oh.. hi, grammy."

I hadn't spoken to my grandmother on my mother's side for years. I haven't spoken to anyone on my mother's side in ages.

I was never close with them. My father's side, yes. I was incredibly close with them until they passed. But, never my mother's side.

She went on to speak about her birthday, and invited me over to visit her. Over in Salt Lake.