Pokloneniye

"Thanks again for letting me stay at your place. I'm sorry I can't stay at mine" I yawned, sitting back down on his bed.

We spent the whole day at his house, where he insisted on taking care of me.
Kevin sat in the bed with me last night, but he didn't seem to sleep. He sat at the foot of the bed, on his phone, most likely up to check on me, in case I needed anything

"Of course. Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. Okay?.. Hey, Mom, are you home?" He called down the stairs

"Yeah!" She called out, walking up to Kevin's bedroom

He pulled her aside, talking to her in a separate room. I could barely hear him, but a faint muttering was heard.

I could only hear the end of the conversation, Kevin saying  "Thank you, mom."

They both walked back into the room

"You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like, Connor." She smiled

"T-Thank you very much."

She nodded

"I've got to head out, I'll be back soon. You boys be safe." She said as she walked out the door

"Alright, Sunshine, would you like to sleep on the couch or in my room?"

"Whichever's convenient for you guys."

"My room, it is."

"Should I sleep on the floor?"

"What? No, don't be silly, you can sleep in my bed."

"..Are you sure? You didn't sleep last night, I don't want to take up your bed again.. besides, I think I'd sleep better on your floor, than I ever have in my bed, anyway..

"Well.. maybe we'll share it."

"Alright... Thank you." I smiled nervously

"Of course. Will you be eating?"

"Um... If it's convenient."

"It is. We want you to be safe. We both want you to be happy." He reminded, choosing not to get on my case about my repeated 'if it's convenient for you'. I was going through a lot, I don't know how to ask for the the things I need. I'm trying. And he knows.

"You're both so great... I don't deserve to have either of you in my life. I'm so lucky"

"I'm lucky to have you, Connor. I love you."

"I love you too.."

"I'm glad to hear it. Now, do you need to take a shower?"

"Desperately."

"The bathroom's down the hall, you can take one, if you'd like"

"That sounds amazing. Thank you."

I walked down the hall and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me, and turning on the shower.

I took off my clothes, stepping into the shower, immediately washing my hair. I haven't gotten to shower in at least a week. It was relaxing. An instant relief. It took much longer than it usually did, taking longer to feel clean. I didn't want to use up too much water, so I did my best to hurry through it. I turned off the shower soon enough, stepping out and drying off quickly. I put on the clothes I was already wearing that Kevin loaned me, and walked out of the bathroom, into his room. Frankly, I couldn't get those clothes back on fast enough. My body's a wreck. I'm covered in bruises and cuts, welts and scratches. I'm not exactly in the best shape at the moment. The bruises were darker than ever before, I looked like I'd brutally attacked. It wasn't a pretty sight.