Loss

I woke up next to Kevin, who was in nothing but his underwear, finding myself back into thin pajama pants. I get cold very easily, and needed something to cover my legs whilst I slept. Kevin ran warm. Pajamas weren't a necessity for him. As long as he had me, and a blanket, he was fine.

I cuddled up to my sleeping husband, the bare skin of my chest and his back, together, creating warmth.
I wrapped my arms around his middle, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

He woke up soon after, and you could hear the smile in his sighs.

"Good morning, Sunshine..." he chuckled, placing his hand over my own.

"Good morning..."

"How'd you sleep?"

"I slept well. You?"

"Me too."

"Good. Can I make some breakfast?"

"Yeah, of course. Want some help?"

"Yes, please.." I yawned

"Still sleepy?" He asked

I nodded.

"How about you sleep and I make us some breakfast in bed?"

"No, it's okay. I'll make breakfast"

"Alright."

"You deserve a nice breakfast after treating me so well yesterday... and last night" I chuckled

"Well, I'm glad you're happy with yesterday. And last night."

"I am. Let me get dressed, and I'll get to cooking."

"I'll go down with you. In case you need any help."

I slipped on a hoodie, Waiting for Kevin to put on pajama pants and a shirt.

We walked downstairs, Kevin sitting down on the couch as I headed off the the kitchen. I decided to make him pancakes. It took about ten minutes to make our pancakes, bringing him the plate when they were done.

I flopped down on the couch, setting the plate on his lap, immediately curling up to him. He set down his book, taking off his glasses and setting them on the table. He looks adorable in his glasses. Very handsome. He's always very handsome, but he looks remarkably handsome in his glasses.

"Thank you so much, these look great."

"I'm not a great cook, but, uh, I can follow the directions on a box of pancake mix" i chuckled. He kissed my temple, digging in to his pancakes.

We ate our breakfast, Kevin doing the dishes after.

"Hey, babe?" I asked as he washed the dishes.

"Yeah?"

"Have you seen Benson this morning..?"

"No. Why?"

"I just haven't seen him... usually he's clawing at our door, first thing."

"Did you check the guest room?"

"No."

"Check there. He's probably napping under the bed again."

I got up and looked in the guest room. Nothing. Then the bedroom. Then the basement. My room. I had searched the whole house

"Kevin.... I can't find Benson" i said, becoming increasingly worried.

"Well, did you check the bathroom? That's where his box is.."

"I'll go check..."