Honorable

It had been months since Kevin had last spoken to his father. We were now sharing a dorm, luckily for us. Of course, I missed my old roommate, but I'll never enjoy his company nearly even half as much as I enjoy the company of Kevin. And I don't mean that as a slight to my former roommate. I don't enjoy anyone's presence as much as I enjoy Kevin's.

I love living with Kevin. I've truly missed falling asleep and waking up next to him, it's such a perfect way to start and end each day.

Thus far in the semester, I have straight A's in all my classes, and plan to continue on that route. Kevin had mostly b's and a-'s but in his defense, he wasn't here for the first semester.

As Kevin entered the dorm, he flopped down on our bed, letting out a heavy sigh.

"You would not believe the day I've had." He huffed, removing his reading glasses.

"Tell me all about it."

"Nah.. it's boring library stuff. You wouldn't be interested."

"I still like to hear about your day.."

"It's nothing special.. I'm thinking of quitting and getting a new job."

"Why? You love being a librarian.."

"I know, but I do so much work and get paid so little. It takes up almost all my time after school. Time I want to spend with you."

"If you don't enjoy what you're doing, why do it?"

"Fair enough... You know what'd cheer me up?"

"What's that?"

"A kiss.." he said, all pouty to help reel me in.

"Agh, you know I can't say no to that face." I sighed, examining his swollen lips and large, pleading eyes.

I leaned down and kissed him, cupping his face.

"Thank you..I feel better."

"Yeah."

He took a moment to run his eyes over me, before letting a smirk onto his face.

"Someone looks nice. What are you all dressed up for?"

"...are you serious?"

"..yeah."

"I'm being honored by the board of physical science tonight. I'm-I'm getting an award.."

"That's tonight!? Oh my god, Sunshine, I thought that was tomorrow! Oh god, I'm so sorry, I just... I have a lot on my plate right now, the date slipped my mind..."

"It's fine... I guess it's just not important enough for you to remember.." i huffed, getting off the bed, attempting to walk away, before I was held back by Kevin's firm grasp on my wrist.

"Wait. Please don't be mad.."

"I don't know, Kevin. Tonight means a lot to me. And I thought it meant a lot to you too, but I guess it was wrong of me to assume.. so... my fault. I shouldn't have expected you to be proud of me."

It wasn't fair of me, I know that. He was stressed, everybody forgets things. I suppose I'm just taking it a bit personally.

"I am proud of you! Darling, I'm so proud!"

"If you were, you would have remembered"

"No, baby wait... look, I am so sorry.. I've just been so busy with work but- there's no excuse. This is a huge deal. Please, I'll make it up to you. Oh gosh, i'm the shittiest boyfriend ever.. how can I make it up to you ?"