Peach

I woke up at around eight, Kevin still sound asleep, my stomach acting as his pillow.

I wanted to get up and make him another hot chocolate. Heck, even just some lemon water, so he could wake up to something nice, but I fear if I move, I'll wake him.

I very cautiously slipped out of bed, making sure a pillow would take the place of my body, and that his head wouldn't fall back.

I don't know what to make him. I just want to. I feel like I should. We managed to revive a passion and romance we didn't realize we had lost. And it felt so beautiful.

I couldn't make breakfast, as his mother was making some when we arrive later this morning. I want to treat him to something, though. I want him to feel special. He's so special to me.

I settled on getting him some water with lemon. The boy loves his lemon water. When he remembers to, he'll drink it first thing when he wakes up. Apparently, it's good for you to do, but he probably just uses that as an excuse to drink more lemon water.

As quietly as I could, I cut up a lemon, and filled his glass with water. Our kitchen is incredibly noisy.

I carried up his glass to our room, the cat following me back upstairs.

He woke up only seconds after I got back in our bed.

"Hey.." I smiled, running a hand through his hair.

"Hey.. good morning..."

"Good morning.. oh, I uh got you some water. With lemon. I know you like to drink that in the mornings, so.."

I picked up the glass.

"Oh, thank you!! That's so sweet of you.."

He sat up, taking the glass.

"It's no problem, I just thought you might like it, so I made it."

"You're the sweetest husband in the world. Thank you"

"Of course.. what time should we head over to your mom's?"

"How about nine?"

"Alright. Then we should get going."

"Ugh, but I'm tired.. I want to lay here with you for a while longer.."

"We can.. she told us to arrive whenever. So we can leave later.."

"No.. I don't want to be rude. It's Christmas morning, not Christmas afternoon."

"I can't argue with that. I'll go shave and get dressed. I forgot to last night.."

"Alright. Maybe you should grow out a full Irish fisherman's beard.. we can buy you one of those hats, and you can smoke a pipe, and the tobacco can stain your red beard, black."

"Well, That does sound like a dream. But I'll have to pass" I chuckled, heading off to the bathroom.

I spent a maximum of fifteen minutes in there, washing my face, shaving, brushing my teeth, and putting on Kevin's face lotion.

By the time I came out, Kevin was up and dressed, ready to switch places with me for the bathroom.

"Do I look Alright?" He raised an eyebrow slightly

"You look absolutely adorable.."

It was only a white shirt, yellow wool cardigan and jeans, but he still asked my approval. Perhaps it was of wearing his glasses with it.  He's not very confident about the way he looks in them. I don't know why, though. They look fantastic on him.

"Thank you.. I'll look much better when I shave my face" he chuckled, hopping in place once, before heading into the bathroom.

He's genuinely the cutest man alive. Everything that boy does melts my heart.