Believer

"All I said was that he was attractive, Kevin, there's nothing wrong with that" I sighed, walking into our bedroom

"You were staring at him all night.."

"I wasn't!"

"You were. You like him, don't you? You're bored of me. You want him."

"Kevin-"

"Why don't you just go home with him" he huffed

"Kevin! I don't like him! I don't want anyone but you, you know that!! What are you so jealous about?"

"I'm not jealous, you were flirting with him!"

"I wasn't flirting with him, I smiled at him! I smile at everyone I look at! You're drunk and you're being paranoid!!"

"I'm not drunk!"

"You're so drunk!"

"No!!"

"I'm done with this conversation, Kevin. Go to bed. You're wasted."

"I'm sleep..I'm sleeping downstairs."

"Kevin.."

"Goodnight."

"You could hardly even make it up the stairs on your own!"

"I don't need your help! ...and he was flirting with you!!"

"Kevin, you're being irrational. All I did was smile at him. Do you trust me that little?"

"I trust you, I don't trust him!! I'm going to bed."

"Kevin.. At least sleep in our bed.. please..."

"....fine."

"Thank you.. take off your shoes.."

Kevin sighed and took off his shoes, throwing himself down onto the bed.

I sat down on my side of the bed, taking Kevin's jacket off for him. He may be a drunk mess right now, but I still have my instinctual need to care for him.

"Thank you.." he mumbled, agitated

"Kevin, I think we should talk.."

"About what?"

"Kevvy, you know I only have eyes for you.."

"You were looking at him like you had eyes for him..."

"Sweetheart, I smiled at him. I smile at every person I pass on the street. I love you, Kevin, I'm not interested in anyone but you.."

He looked like he felt slightly guilty, which wasn't my intention. I just want him to realize that he's being silly.

"...Goodnight." He said, not wanting to admit that he was acting out.

"Kevin, are you mad at me..?"

"No. I'm jealous." He huffed

"You have nothing to he jealous about.. I love you, and only you. I adore you, but you're being silly.. you're drunk, and you're exhausted, and you need some rest.. alright?"

"..Fine."

"Alright. Goodnight, Baby. I love you."

"...I love you too."

I pulled the covers up over him, and turned out the light

"...I know you need me, to fall asleep... put an arm around me, if you'd like.." he said, trying to hide the fact that he wanted to cuddle with me after the argument.

I wrapped my arms around him, giving him a free pass to act so childish. He was a mess, and he was feeling clearly insecure. He's never like this.
Chances are, he'll hardly even remember in the morning.