Regeneration

I locked my door behind me as I parted, heading off to Kevin's house. As I walked, the breeze blew through my hair, messing it up slightly.

Being one of the only people out that day, I was intrigued to see someone walking in my direction. As they neared, I made the unfortunate conclusion of who it was. The man who had been harassing Kevin and me. It's like he's always out, waiting for me. A toothy snarl grew on his face as he realized we were alone.

I slowed, pulling to a full stop as my anxiety grew. He looked angry, but still pleased, in his own sick way.

"Your little girly-boy isn't here to protect you now." He growled.

"I-I don't want to fight.."

"Trust me, there isn't gonna be any fight." He insisted as he stopped, face to face with me

"I..I don't-"

"Shut the fuck up." He grabbed me by my shirt collar, cocking his fist and throwing a firm punch at me. It stung more than I expected it to. "I've been waiting a long time for this"

He threw me against the fence, the pickets digging into my upper back, sharply before I fell to the ground from the force.

"Please- Why are you doing this?" I whimpered.

"People like you make me fucking sick." He stepped down on my shoulder, forcing it into the ground, moving in manners in which it's not supposed to. My wince turned to a shout as he drove it further against the sidewalk. Tears filled my eyes, but I tried desperately not to let them fall. I didn't want to appear weaker than I already was. I lost control of my tears when he stomped on my cheek with his heavy shoe, pressing all his weight down, kicking repeatedly, relentlessly.

"Please!" I shouted, shutting my eyes as I waited for it to end. Luckily for myself, the pain became so overbearing that I blacked out before I could feel any worse. He could see my eyes shut and my breathing slow, but he kept kicking my sides like a soccer ball.

I woke up with tears and blood dried to my face. I turned my head to find a small pool of blood, which had soaked into and stained the pavement. It was clear he had continued battering me even after I fell unconscious, as there were bruises, cuts, and scrapes all over me. I couldn't even move without agonizing pain. I found enough strength to stand, my knees wobbly, as I tried to wipe the dark blood off of my white shirt. I aborted my mission to Kevin's house, slowly limping home before my grandfather could return from work and see me. With each step came an intense, shooting pain throughout my legs, carrying on through my whole body.

I found my way home, though still a bit disoriented. I locked my door behind me, heading straight to the bathroom to wash off any blood I could. I looked horrid. I didn't even like looking at myself in the mirror in this manner, but, I had to, in order to get any blood off of me. I spent an hour attempting to clean myself up, but even still, was unable to get off all the blood and dirt, tattooed to my skin.

Eventually, I gave up, heading to my room, locking my bedroom door behind me. It wasn't long until I got a phone call from Kevin. I answered hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you? I thought you were coming to my place."

"Oh. I uh wasn't feeling too good.."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I wish you would've called. I have dinner for two ready over here."

"Oh, that's right. I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's alright! How about I bring it over to you? I wanna see you."

"Um...I guess, yeah." I didn't want him to see me like this, but I also don't have the willpower to say no to him.