Sun Machine

When I woke up that morning, Kevin was wide awake, tossing and turning.

"Kevin, did you get any sleep last night..?" I yawned.

He shook his head.

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I'm not tired. I'm not calm. I just.. can't fall asleep."

"Kev..." I groaned, rubbing his side.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. Just.. try to get some sleep today. It's not healthy to deprive yourself of this much sleep."

"I don't mean to.."

"I know you don't. But we're gonna try to get some rest today. Okay?"

"Okay."

I nodded and kissed him on the cheek.

"Good. Do you want something to eat?"

"Yes please."

"Cereal?"

"I'll have anything. I'm just hungry. I haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday."

"Wow. Let's get ya some food." I stood and walked to the kitchen, Kevin following behind me. I felt incredibly lightheaded, to no known cause, but it's a feeling I'm used to, and it doesn't make me nervous at this point. It happens too often to be nervous about it anymore. It's just an annoyance at this point.

I opened the cabinet, pulling out a box of cereal, pouring a bowl for Kevin, letting him add the milk himself so it wasn't too much or too little

"..You're not having any?" He asked when I put the cereal away without pouring a second bowl.

"No. I'm feeling sort of nauseated... go ahead and sit, I'm going to brush my teeth." I replied, walking out before he had a chance to respond.

When I came out of the bathroom around a minute later, Kevin was already in the living room, picking at his breakfast with the spoon.

There was a stabbing pain in my stomach. I don't know what's causing it but it's terribly painful.

"How's your cereal?" I yawned again, sitting down beside him.

"It's fine. It's cereal."

I put my head down on his shoulder, rubbing my eyes.

"Are you feeling alright?" Kevin questioned, noticing my change of spirit.

"Yeah. I'm feeling great."

He nodded, finishing his breakfast, as he set the bowl down on the coffee table. The very moment he leaned back against the sofa, I sent my hand up his chest, stopping when I reached his collar.

"Yes, Sunshine?" He chuckled, turning to face me.

"Nothin'.." I grinned.

"Alright, weirdo."

"I swear, you're the prettiest man in the whole world..." I stared at him intently, twirling his hair with my other hand.

"Is this some sort of pick up trick?" He giggled

"Oh, Hush." I laughed drowsily, pulling myself up to bite the edge of his ear.

His reaction was mixed, both a suppressed moan and a confused laugh.

"Connor, what the fuck?" He continued giggling, bringing his shoulder up to his ear.

"What?"

"It's like seven o'clock, Baby."