Home

I woke up to Kevin, packing up his few things.

"Good morning.." I yawned

"Mornin', Sunshine" He smiled

"You're all ready to go?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Yessir.." I stood up sleepily and took my backpack

"Thank you again for staying here with me" He strolled in closer to me, his face almost right in front of mine, before kissing me quickly.

"Of course.. I wouldn't want you to be here, alone"

"You're a real good boyfriend.. Come on, let's go" He smiled, putting his arm around me and beginning to walk into the hall.

The hospital windows were slightly tinted darker, but still showcasing the bright sunlight. The snow was still falling freely, covering the roads and sidewalks, blanketing the trees. As we walked through the doors, I pulled Kevin closer keeping the two of us warm. He didn't seem off-put by the cold. He just seemed happy to be out there. His breath was visible in the crisp air. His eyes were lit up the entire time he walked, gazing happily at the snow around him. He just looked happy to be alive.

We made our way up the street, to Kevin's house. I stopped at the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I guess?"

"You can come in.. My mom's at work, and she wouldn't mind anyway."

"Are you sure?"

"Definite"

"Alright.. Thanks" I smiled, walking in after him.

His house was rather cold, but warm compared to the outside. He led me to his room, putting his stuff down on the bed and sitting on the edge of it.

"You gonna sit down?" He asked me

"Oh- Yeah.. Sorry, I never know what to do at other people's houses"

"Don't be nervous. Just pretend you're at your house."

I nodded and sat down next to him.

"... You have a nice room."

"I like it.."

It was a very nice room. It wasn't huge, but it was bigger than mine. I think mine was more of a storage space, originally.
His was far more spacious. It had big windows, too, lots of them. It was bright. Warm. My room always seemed to feel a bit dark.
Posters were all over his walls. Mostly bands he liked, but a couple of movies, as well. It looked like his room.

"I.. I like all the posters... I was never allowed to decorate my room.."

"Really?"

"Yeah.. I never got posters or anything.. which one's your favorite?"

"Uh... I like that one.. The Smiths." He pointed to a smaller poster on the far left side of his wall

"I like them, too..."

"..do you want the poster?"

"That's yours.."

"I have like twenty posters, you can have one."

"That's very nice.. but no, I can't.. my father would kill me, I'm not allowed to have any decorations.. if he ever comes home, that is." I chuckled a bit, just trying to keep my nerves at bay

"I fuckin' hate that guy.." he mumbled

"Well.. I'm not exactly a fan, either.. When is your mother going to be back?"