Reminisce

"Baby.." Kevin whispered, softly combing his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah?"

"You.. are so... stunningly beautiful.."

"You're just saying that.."

"No.. you really are breathtaking...."

I had my head against his bare chest, the soft beat of his heart relaxing me even further. He still has his faint scent, which he's carried throughout his life, hinted lightly on his skin.

"You look sleepy.."

"Oh, I am..."

"Try not to fall asleep.. we've got plans with mom in a couple of hours..."

"Why didn't we wait until we got back home to do this? It's gonna be obvious now when we go meet her.."

"No it won't. We're going to take a shower, fix our hair, and wake up a little bit more.. she won't know. Besides, we're married. Why would she care?"

"Cause it's embarrassing. You're her son"

"She literally walked in on us one time. While we were just dating. We talked about it, and she was glad that it was an act of love, and not just some sort of situation where we felt pressured. She was glad I waited until I knew for sure we loved each other"

"...man, she's great"

"She is. Plus, it's not like I'm gonna get you pregnant or anything" he chuckled

"That is true"

"....are you cold?" He asked when he noticed the goosebumps on my arms

"Incredibly"

"Hold on, let me get you a sweater.."

"No, no, stay here.."

"Okay.. well, I'll keep you warm.." he pulled his arms around me, holding me tightly to his body

"You're warm.." I mumbled, my eyes now closed

"Don't fall asleep"

"I won't fall asleep"

I fell asleep.

I woke up forty five minutes later, to Kevin giving me a gentle shake.

"Con.."

"Hmm?"

"You've gotta get up.. we need to get ready to go.."

"I don't wanna get up.."

"Come on, we need to leave in like an hour. We both need showers and to get dressed, and I need to shave."

"Mmm, fine.."

"Attaboy!"

I slowly got up out of bed, still fairly sleepy.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, Alright? Why don't you... uhh, let's see, you can't get dressed until you shower.. ummmm..."

"How about I go with you? Not into the shower, just into the bathroom.. keep you company?"

"That sounds great."

"Okay.. I'll grab you some clothes, and you can get into the shower."

"Alright. Thank you for offering to do this, it was actually a really good idea."

"Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of being alone. So, I figured if I can spend my time with you, why wouldn't I?"

"That's very fair."

He gave my cheek a quick kiss, before heading off to the bathroom.

He was in the shower within a couple of seconds, but he only had his boxers to take off first.