98

-When someone casually asks me about my story.

When you asked me about my story, I recollected old memories, the happiness, the hurt, the heartbreaks..
I smiled at you and told you that I took a long time to find my people, and to become my current self. You looked quite confused, and wanted me to tell you about it. I didn't explain it, I liked to write about it, about my journey to myself. If I told you about it, it would sound like a mundane story, and it's not, it's an exquisite adventure I'm proud of, as should be every soul that has been through shit and stood unmoving in the storm, then searched and found their inner strength to win their battles. I changed on so many levels, I changed friends a lot too. I worked on becoming the strong me I am today, while paradoxically searching for people that would stay, and would treat me good.
I finally reached my goals, becoming the person I wanted to be, finding my people, and then I set new goals. I always thrived for a better life in the future, a successful one I'd build on my own. I wanted to make my realistic dreams come true, and I didn't stop for long to admire what I already had, I always thought about the new goals I could reach, how I could improve myself to become an even better version I would be proud of.
That was the best way to describe how I evolved, the way I raised myself from the aches. My soul was simply a phoenix, fire couldn't burn it, it only could give it life. And I wasn't done with life yet. I stood so long admiring my regretful past, turning my back to the possible brightness I could make in my future, focusing on grief over careless people, instead of hoping and thriving for new opportunities to prove to myself how I could do anything I set my mind to. The tables have turned now, and I'm grateful for every turn of event that shaped me into my current self.