92

-Do what makes you grow as a person.

They say you'll never love someone as much as you loved your first love. I say I'll love ten times harder the ones that will know how to treat me right, and make me feel free. You were toxic chains keeping me down, I only saw your damage after I was far away from you. I surely took my time adjusting to a life without you, but things never were better or felt better than this. After you, I could automatically see the bad in people, see the chains some were hiding behind their backs, waiting for a moment of weakness from me to strike. I cut all these people off, just like I did with you. I see the world with a clearer vision now that I acquired a new wisdom. Now I see people for what they really are. I don't only see the good or the bad in them. I see it all, including their insecurities and their intentions. And I decide on keeping them around me depending on their intentions with me. I can't let myself down anymore. I'm liking this freedom way too much to search for new chains. I'm taking every new opportunity of evolving, grasping it by its roots, lifting myself higher to where I want to be one day. I won't settle for toxic people like you, and I won't date someone who won't know my worth. I'm my own kind of trophy, and this depth of feeling and thinking can't get along with everyone. I may make peace with some, but it'll only be out of intelligence. They played their parts in my life, and they no longer make me grow. And that's okay to choose yourself and focus on watering what is already flourishing, taking care of yourself is a primary thing people often tend to mistake for a selfish act.
But the truth is, you're your own person, you have to depend on yourself, and know that only a successful and wise version of you will be able to meet the right person. Remember that people are temporary, but you stood by your side whenever you felt down. So stop waiting for someone to save you and save yourself. Life really gets better when you cut toxic people out of it.