41

- You don't just heal instantly the next day.

I never expected our story to end so abruptly.

You were more than a muse to me, I shared my soul to you, only to find it shattered by your hands.

There are countless stories I hear around me about forgiveness and people finding their way back to each other.

We were not them.

We were on separate journeys, and the only thing we shared was memories of how things used to be.

It made me sad, at some point, to realize that there is no way we could go back and give it another try.

We were doomed to lose each other.

My heart was aching for you, and you were too far out of reach to notice.

My mind was filled with our memories, but yours was slowly turning into one I couldn't remember, like that distant lullaby I knew I liked as a kid but couldn't remember.

I was scared of forgetting all about you, of you becoming another forgotten lullaby.

My only wish I held close to my heart, no matter how unrealistic, was that we would go back in time and have a day we would share together.

There would be no consequences, just a kinder ending. I would remember more good things in you. I would not have to hate you.

I would be reluctant to walk away as well, but I would end up doing it knowing that was the price for spending one last day with you.