4

-The pain turns into anger.

As far as I knew, my pity party felt like it was coming to an end. I was fueled with new-found rage, unable to process the way they wronged me.

Anger was slowly burning inside of me, with a promise of a well-deserved revenge. I couldn't accept the fact that they could deceive me this way, I did not deserve this. Why would innocent hearts always get attached to the worst types of monsters? 

And I saw them for the first time for who they really were, for what others made them out to be when I refused to listen. 

The once naïve girl was suddenly gone, buried six feet underground. They couldn't dream of  hurting her again, she was ready for war. She built herself to become a ruthless warrior who screamed unapproachable. Revenge looked good on her, it was precisely what she needed. Rage fueled her, kept her going, gave her a reason to have fight within her. 

I had to build new walls, strong as bricks. I put effort in doing so, making sure that would be the last time someone would have the power to hurt me. 

I would make you regret every hurtful word you ever said to me. You'll beg for my trust, and my support, because no one will be this selfless with you. I want you to see how unreachable I truly became.

Watch me from afar accomplishing whatever I put my mind to. The old me is never coming back, she doesn't exist anymore. You had your chance and blew it. 

I know for a fact that you're gonna miss me once you realize I am truly gone. And I might sound petty, but it makes me satisfied to know you'll be consumed by regret then.

That's when it will hit you that she's all you ever wanted, but you lost your chance to your pride, and then maybe one day you'll see how your pride ruined it all, and will be the reason of your downfall, that I'll enjoy.