7

-Dangerous attachments.

I realized early on how dangerous it was, but I couldn't seem to stay away. I did like the risk behind it, it was captivating. 

Even after all the pain you put me through, all I seemed to remember were the good old days. I remembered how I was oblivious to many things, one of them being how selfish you were. I thought I made a connection that would last a lifetime.

Time had a way of exposing the truth, even if it's something we'd rather not be aware of. 

But that didn't change the fact that I still thought about you no matter how much I tried not to. And sometimes I would let myself visit the old memories, and explore the idea of what we could've been, until I was met with the reality of you not being part of my life anymore and being content with my absence. I was pretty sure I didn't cross your mind, because you seemed more than okay with losing me.

You let me down and I still wanted you back deep down. 

The only thing that kept me going, was the tiny hope I had that one day, you wouldn't be in my dreams, or my first thought in the morning or the last thought at night. I wouldn't remember you in random conversations with strangers, and things around me wouldn't remind me of you. 

One day I would be free, but as of right now, I accepted that I couldn't always keep you out of my head, my thoughts would always take me back to you. 

I had to believe that peace would eventually come, no matter how long it would take.