8

-The three musketeers.

There once were three musketeers. The Fourth tagged along, hopeful and excited for what was to come. With time, the Fourth one had to eventually face reality.  

The First one, as friendly as he seemed, became distant instead of being supportive and chose to replace him. He seemed to connect with everyone else and anyone, but most of all, he would always take people for granted, replacing them in the blink of an eye, with no remorse whatsoever.

The Second one, instead of thanking him for the healing he was lead through, chose to be supportive to others that benefited him more, and make it clear that all he was doing came from a place of selfishness. He was used to playing unfair and would always manipulate to get his way.

And the Third one would end up being the most prideful of those three, refusing to hold himself accountable and apologize for the way he hurt that newcomer that had become a part of their family. An apology would never be possible, because he cherished his pride most, and people were disposable to him, to put it quite simply.

As the Fourth one saw these three for what they truly were, he felt played, and took his sword feeling defeated, there was no other option than to remember his individuality and realize that they were never meant to be four of them. They were of the same breed, and he clearly wasn't.

I was hard to let his sword go, but he had to leave and find out his own destiny, as hard as it seemed to be. So, the three musketeers went about their lives, while the Fourth was on a new quest, trying to find something that made more sense than being a musketeer.