42

-Unexpected new friend.

He had a beautiful soul.
He was the type of person you felt safe around.

Something about him, his warm presence, his kind eyes, his genuine smile.

He's a boy who's ethical in the life he's living, with great morals.

He wasn't the type of person to insert himself in any of that teenage drama around him.

I see a man when I look at him, even though he's just a teen.

I think the thing that drew me most to him, was how respectful he was in his interaction with everyone around him.

I noticed him and observed him for a while. There was really no hidden agenda in this person.
He was one of the good humans.

As I got closer to him, eventually, it did not feel forced in any way.

I got to know his story. He fell in love with a girl that led him on with no intention of dating him, only to choose another guy to date.

He was enduring unrequited love like a champion. I couldn't even compare myself to the grace he carried himself with.

He was a true gentleman.

We were both broken in a way.
And that was why I wanted to be his friend. I didn't have to pretend around him. He saw the beauty in the real me.

He was fighting his own demons, while I stood every day a bit stronger facing mine.

He made life a bit more tolerable.

He gave me hope, that I would meet good humans and connect with people again.

If there were more people like him, this Earth would be a much better place to live in.