89

-I used to hate that things were temporary.

I think the best thing about this life is that everything is temporary. People, places, us.. We're constantly moving, growing, changing. Even pain is temporary. I didn't use to believe that, though. I thought I hated my friends for leaving me, and that I would miss them forever.
I tried to fake happiness, I thought about getting revenge, about acting all petty, and then I decided I didn't want to give a vibe showing I cared in any way. So I forced myself to stop caring. I forced myself to stop these bad habits that always made me come back to them. I tried to build a new home of my own, on the ruins of our previous house. I kept trying to fight the ache of missing them, until one day, out of the blue, I catched myself singing happily, feeling the heaviness lifted off my heart. I was simply enjoying a song on the radio, the music blasting in the car, my hair all over my face from the wind. I felt it deep in my bones. I felt more than happy, I felt alive. And no words could describe how much of a pleasant surprise it was for me to realize that I did not think of them that day, they didn't cross my mind for a while actually, and I was enjoying songs I thought would always remind me of them. That's when I felt beyond grateful, for the universe heard about my prayers. I was finally over them, I no longer felt any sort of pain in my chest. Turns out, even the pain is temporary.